No registration required

Android System using too much battery

OP Hermosa

3rd July 2014, 11:19 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 8

31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosa

Sorry where do i find wake lock detector and what does it do?

Play store
4th July 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #12  
Flag Locating.........
Thanks Meter: 352

649 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Shore

I don't have it quite as bad but removing carrier IQ has helped a bit, Go get system tuner and go into app mgr and find android system press details then open and go through activities, receivers and services and make sure everything you see that says IQAgent gets unchecked. This will help you stay out of ServiceIQ's eyes and also help your battery as your entire phone is debugged through those apps.(Another words I can't find the darn post that I used to help me)

Even with my friends verizon s5 lasting 9 days on a battery >.> He gets around 15 percent android system usage

Quote:

Thank you for your hwlp.I would have a try for that.Hope it could work.Thanks in advance.

I have prepared a short guide to do that if it would help you... Here is the link...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2799642
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaitanyapatel8880 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th July 2014, 05:46 AM   |  #13  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 381

1,530 posts
Donate to Me
More
How exactly is this bad? The guy has close to 30 minutes for 10% of battery life, so proportionally close to 5 hours total screen on time for a full charge and this is supposed to be abnormal? Screen on time is purely on what you should base yourself first because you have no idea on what the phone reports as "Android system". As far as I know, if you had 5 minutes of screen on time instead of 30, that would be a problem worth investigating....but 30 minutes for 10%? You should not try to find issue where there are none.

Let me show you why you can't rely on phone stats. Here is my screenshot for today. Just from looking at it, you can already see i have some kind of huge wakelock problem, severe battery drain, especially if you consider I only have about 1h15 minutes of screen on time. Anybody looking at this could see that there is a problem with my phone. The fact is, there isn't. I had a 4h16 hour conversation today, but, my phone only reports voice calls taking up 12% of my battery life. Thats because other features are not included in the voice calls tab, like how the sensors have to always check if i'm close or not to the screen to turn it on or off, or the fact that it has to manage my wifi connection while using my mobile connection that is about 1 bar in my room. There are too many unknown factors to solely rely on what you see here, or on OPs screenshot. If you have 30 mins of screen time, and have 10% battery drain, thats fantastic. Don't forget, only 1 gen ago, having 3 hours of screen time with a full charge was awesome.

Last edited by polish_pat; 4th July 2014 at 05:54 AM.
4th July 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

130 posts
Now, I am doing what I read from a guide. I just plug it in every night and only use Ultra Power Saving in the day.From the guide,I would have full internet, phone and message capabilities with maximum battery life each day.Then I can leave off UPS on weekends and holidays to enjoy all the other apps.
4th July 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member

130 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCarlos60

Play store

Thank you,mate.I find it.But it seems no help.Is there anything else I should do?
4th July 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 8

31 posts
Quote:

Thank you,mate.I find it.But it seems no help.Is there anything else I should do?

Maybe a Factory reset and then install your applications one by one to see which is drained your battery... anyway, take a good look to @polish_pat post
7th July 2014, 07:58 AM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member

130 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgonzales74

It is your Google account. Probably Google + or photos since you have WiFi enanled.

I don't have a Samsung account linked and Android System is still a battery hog.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	javaha4u.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	2837496  
7th July 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 5,177

3,523 posts
More
Quote:

I don't have a Samsung account linked and Android System is still a battery hog.

Play store - betterbatterystats

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread