Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,315 Members 42,225 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Appradio 2

Tip us?

Guntert
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default Appradio 2

I want to buy a s5 but I need it to work with my appradio 2 like my s3 does. Any help would be awesome

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 413
You didn't even provide a description and link to the app you would like help with?

Guntert
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
I would be willing to use any app so I can have full mirror of my Samsung galaxy s5 on my appradio 2. I was using ARL and my Samsung galaxy s3 which worked but I bought a s5.

Guntert
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Any help would be great..

djpeterdj
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default AppRadio

So I have been struggling with the same scenario. I used to have an S3, which worked perfectly with ARLiberator, then I preferred AppRadio Unchained (which is a modified version of Pioneer's official, but limited app).

I have tried just about everything, disabling KNOX, trying to set SELinux to permissive, but nothing allowed touch controls on my radio. The only solution that I have found that is working today is the official AppRadio apk, released by Pioneer. This connects (very slowly) then only allows a handful of apps to work.

At least I can use Waze or some "approved" Pioneer apps.

That's all I got for now. Very, very disappointed that my S5 doesn't work like the good ole S3.
Hope this helps someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guntert View Post
Any help would be great..

Guntert
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
I'm sure someone will have a fix soon

Guntert
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeterdj View Post
So I have been struggling with the same scenario. I used to have an S3, which worked perfectly with ARLiberator, then I preferred AppRadio Unchained (which is a modified version of Pioneer's official, but limited app).

I have tried just about everything, disabling KNOX, trying to set SELinux to permissive, but nothing allowed touch controls on my radio. The only solution that I have found that is working today is the official AppRadio apk, released by Pioneer. This connects (very slowly) then only allows a handful of apps to work.

At least I can use Waze or some "approved" Pioneer apps.

That's all I got for now. Very, very disappointed that my S5 doesn't work like the good ole S3.
Hope this helps someone.
If u read something on how to fix it let me know please

djpeterdj
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guntert View Post
If u read something on how to fix it let me know please
I'm sure when I read the "fix" it will be posted for everyone to read. I'm certain that we're not the only two people with fancy radios that no longer work the way they used to.
#missmyappradio