Ask a question

No registration required

Australia S5 Internet 4G playing up since coming back from holiday

OP dieselboy

8th July 2014, 08:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

458 posts
I have an Australian S5. I went to England for 2 weeks and used a UK SIM card. All was fine.

Since coming back to Australia and using the Australia SIM my 4G shows I have internet but to get the internet to work I need to turn mobile network off (4G disappears) then turn it back on again. Afterwards 4G works fine.

When I have the problem, 4G will show but there is no activity. If I try to check email for example the email app (default app) starts to refresh and then just stops like there is no new email.

When I was in England I had a notification that there was new software. I updated the software over the air. All seemed well.

The phone is completely stock and not rooted. I haven't tried anything to resolve really.. except these two things:
- Rebooting phone - problem comes back after a while say 24 hours
- setting the APN. If I choose another APN, for some reason the one I was originally on is re-selected somehow. I don't know how, may be the provider has some control over this? I use Telstra.

Any help appreciated.
11th July 2014, 05:47 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

458 posts
I've created a new APN and removed / re-inserted the SIM card but problem still exists.

I've no idea how to troubleshoot. Has anyone got any suggestions?
14th July 2014, 05:00 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

458 posts
I fixed this over the weekend. It was the "restrict background data" option in power saving settings.. I turned that off. All good now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread