[Q] bricked phone please help

OP skrcer1

4th September 2014, 10:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

46 posts
Hello, I recently bought a Samsung galaxy s5 off of amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IKFCHGM

And when I opened it it seems to be a Chinese model. The pamphlet it came with was in chinese and the samsung website that was written on in was Samsung.com/HK.

After bootimf it up it booted up in Chinese and had English and a few other languages in the settings but not Hebrew. I live is Israel currently so I need Hebrew on it.

After I saw that I asked around here if its possible to flash any g900f firmware on my g900f (it says its g900f on the box and behind the battery although the model number is written in Chinese for a weird reason). I was told as long as its g900f I can flash any g900f firmware so I downloaded the Israel firmware and tried flashing with with Odin 3.09.

At the end it said failed and my phone stayed in download mode. It became bricked. Whenever i try to boot It now says "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in kies & try again"

Someone mentioned I can flash a pit file and it will fix the problem, can anyone confirm this? If so which regions pit file do I need?

What can I do to fix this problem?

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? I'd its even a legitimate samsung and not a clone?
4th September 2014, 11:30 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 622

1,978 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrcer1

What can I do to fix this problem?

Why are you starting multiple threads about this issue? And for that matter why didn't you provide half of these details when we were replying to your other thread about this?

Odin and other utilities will do real damage to your phone if it is a clone. So has already been explained in your other thread, you need to first determine if you have a clone or not. If and only if your phone is authentic, then you can use Odin to recover.

Odin is well known as temperamental with respect to USB timing, so you need to pay attention to Odin tutorials for a successful write. And yes, you ought to be using a PIT file. And if you have actually soft bricked your phone or incurred any partition damage, must use a PIT file to recover. The PIT file needs to be matched to the firmware image that you are writing which in practical terms means three criteria, model e.g. 900F, ROM size e.g. 16 GB and the carrier.

Do not use Kies, use Odin v 3.09 and you could do worse than search my post history for sound advice as to how to use Odin effectively. If you have any follow up questions or at least ones that you'd like me to address, pose them in your original thread.

Good luck.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread