Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,276 Members 44,657 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Did I buy a fake

Tip us?

Suzook1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Default Did I buy a fake

I bought a phone off CL (yes I know) everything looked super legit

the model number though is a G9006V

Is this a real S5 or a chinese copy. Seems to be no way to root or install custom

gdmlaz
Old
Thanks Meter 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook1 View Post

Is this a real S5 or a chinese copy. Seems to be no way to root or install custom
install CPU-Z and it will tell you all the information about the phone

Suzook1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
EF ME.... Mediatek MT6572 1.00ghz....

lingowistico
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:

tits pics or gtfo.

Samsung Galaxy S 5 SM-G900F
Rom - Stock
Recovery - TWRP

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2934
Quote:
Fake, don`t flash anything from this forum because It will brick your phone, good luck and try to get your money back
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
Unofficial elelinux CM 11.0 (4.4.4) stock kernel

aspot72
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Definitely FAKE. Samsung uses Snapdragon or Exynos chipsets only.
ATTENTION: Thanks to Htc_One_X I lost 150. Received money but since then never replied! Beware, he's a FRAUDSTER!!!
Current Devices : S4 GT-I9505 Black Edition
Past devices :Xperia SP C5303,Moto G,S3 LTE,S4 Mini, Note 2,HTC One (M7),GALAXY S III, HTC One S, HTC One X (S720e), Nexus Prime - HTC Pyramid - Nexus S - Galaxy S II - HTC Desire S - HTC Desire HD - HTC Desire Z - HTC HD2 - HTC Topaz - HTC Touch HD - HTC Touch Pro - HTC Diamond.

Can't figure out why is Android better...

verny94
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdmlaz View Post
install CPU-Z and it will tell you all the information about the phone
CPU-Z is not 100% Also Phone info etc.

One sure metod is Download mode
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Omega ROM (4.3) v58; Boeffla kernel 5.2; TWRP recovery; Nova launcher Prime; S5 theme; Xposed
Hit a thanks button, when I helped you

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 326
Quote:
If your phone really has a Mediatek processor then it is a fake. But as already mentioned, not all programs correctly identify the chip. You should confirm the finding with another program and preferably provide us with a lot more details about your phone so that we have more confidence in the verdict.

Photos of the phone and any literature? In particular the top exterior, the label under the battery (you may wish to obscure part of the IMEI number) and a screen shot of at least the Settings menu > General > About Device. Particularly helpful would be installing the Phone Info app and tell us the results.

lingowistico
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft View Post
If your phone really has a Mediatek processor then it is a fake. But as already mentioned, not all programs correctly identify the chip. You should confirm the finding with another program and preferably provide us with a lot more details about your phone so that we have more confidence in the verdict.

Photos of the phone and any literature? In particular the top exterior, the label under the battery (you may wish to obscure part of the IMEI number) and a screen shot of at least the Settings menu > General > About Device. Particularly helpful would be installing the Phone Info app and tell us the results.

Good fakes fake the Phone info too.

Samsung Galaxy S 5 SM-G900F
Rom - Stock
Recovery - TWRP

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by lingowistico View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft

Good fakes fake the Phone info too.

?

I already made that exact point, i.e. that apps do not detect 100% of fakes. Hence the suggestion to check with a second app. And the request for additional information and photos, so that we can discern what he has.