Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,000 Members 38,636 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] g900t-want to change the rom to g900w8

Tip us?

edvin26
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] g900t-want to change the rom to g900w8

i have g900t i want to flash on it g900w8 rom(for hebrew language)

but the baseband need stay on g900t

look the result
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	g900t+g900w8.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	2828724  

edvin26
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default how

someone can help me get into this sulution?

Kjc99
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by edvin26 View Post
Hey have you figured this out yet... I'm in sort of same situation I have a Sm-g900t but it's running a G900M stock rom, so I need to know how to keep my bootloader & modem and just flash a stock unbranded rom. I know I can flash custom roms through recovery but I want a stock to fall back on

*GALAXY S5*
*GALAXY S5*

fffft
Old
(Last edited by fffft; 14th July 2014 at 06:28 AM.)
Thanks Meter 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by edvin26 View Post
It's not clear what you hope to do. What you wrote is that you wanted to change you ROM to W8 while retaining your TMobile baseband. And your photo shows that you did just that.

But reading between the lines suggests that you were surprised to see that the baseband hadn't changed and are actually seeking the opposite of what you asked. You need to clarify your intent.

The result that you have is the expected situation. The baseband normally won't change, nor does it represent a problem. Your phone should work fine with the W8 ROM paired with the original baseband.

Aside from the fact that there is usually no need to change the baseband, how easy it is to do so depends on the carrier and how they sign their firmware. Odin won't change the baseband if the carrier decided to omit the requisite permission to do so. TMobile modems are invariably compatible with Canadian (W8) carriers, so pragmaticaly the easiest way to update a 900T modem, if you have a rationale for doing so, is to install a TMobile update. Then put the W8 ROM on top of that if you so wish.