Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,165 Members 44,058 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] moar ROM 1.0 any way go change boot animations

Tip us?

robb298@gmail.com
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Smile [Q] moar ROM 1.0 any way go change boot animations

I'm on a sprint galaxy s5 running most current moar any way to use ROM.tool box lite to change boot animations
Or manually using root browers sorry I'm a noon to some t things any help would be awesome

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by robb298@gmail.com View Post
I'm on a sprint galaxy s5 running most current moar any way to use ROM.tool box lite to change boot animations
Or manually using root browers sorry I'm a noon to some t things any help would be awesome
No idea about the app you name as I've never used ROM tool box lite. But there are a lot of other Google Play apps that will change your boot animation. Or it's easy to do with a root file browser.

These are the boot animation and shutdown animation files. You can find new ones on XDA or with a Google search. Confirm that the new files have 0644 permissions after you move them to your S5 directory.

/system/media/bootsamsung.qmg
/system/media/bootsamsungloop.qmg
/system/media/audio/ui/poweron.ogg

/system/media/shutdown.qmg
/system/media/audio/ui/shutdown.ogg

robb298@gmail.com
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default boot animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft View Post
No idea about the app you name as I've never used ROM tool box lite. But there are a lot of other Google Play apps that will change your boot animation. Or it's easy to do with a root file browser.

These are the boot animation and shutdown animation files. You can find new ones on XDA or with a Google search. Confirm that the new files have 0644 permissions after you move them to your S5 directory.

/system/media/bootsamsung.qmg
/system/media/bootsamsungloop.qmg
/system/media/audio/ui/poweron.ogg

/system/media/shutdown.qmg
/system/media/audio/ui/shutdown.ogg

So it is nothing to do with system media boot .zip? Cause there is a thread that i was kinda in the dark about the way it was explained

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 226
Quote:
So it is nothing to do with system media boot .zip? Cause there is a thread that i was kinda in the dark about the way it was explained
If you mean bootanimation.zip, that format is not used on the S5 unless you've modified the relevant system files to recognize it.

robb298@gmail.com
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft View Post
If you mean bootanimation.zip, that format is not used on the S5 unless you've modified the relevant system files to recognize it.
That's what's all in mine and thanks for all your help any on the play store that do it for me really new to all this sorry if I'm bugging you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-13-12-53-56.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	2849387   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-13-12-53-52.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	2849388   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-13-12-53-48.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	2849389  

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 226
Quote:
That's what's all in mine and thanks for all your help any on the play store that do it for me
You can read the descriptions of the Play store apps and see if any of them say that they will work with Samsung qmg animations. The bootanimation apps that I have seen only support the bootanimation.zip format which is used on other phone models.

Some of the boot animations can modify your phone's kernel to use bootanimation.zip rather than Samsung qmg files, but a custom kernel will trip your Knox flag if that matters to you. That's mainly a concern in the US where Samsung will invalidate warranties because you modified your kernel. A lot of carriers don't care about Knox and ostensibly Samsung can't deny a warranty in the EU. But if your phone is in warranty, you should look into that issue first.

There are many apps. This one looks like it should work, including changing your kernel for you. I have not used the app personally, I just read the app description.

Eris _2.1_2010
Old
Thanks Meter 342
Quote:
If your running MOAR grab root explorer and navigate to system/media and replace the bootanimation.zip

Whatever you replace it with rename it to bootanimation.zip, set permissions and reboot

Sent From My Galaxy S5 Far Far Away

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 226
@robb298@gmail.com

The above post suggests that you are using a custom ROM. You didn't make that point clear, I've never heard of "moar" and you didn't mention that it was a custom ROM. A stock S5 does not use bootanimation.zip, but according to the post above, your ROM has already been modified to use bootanimation.zip files. So you can try that.

It also means that you aren't posting in the ideal forum. You'd be better served posting in your custom ROM support thread or even the Verizon S5 forum.