FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] AT&T Wipe, flash stock? Still root?

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Mordoire, Junior Member on 8th July 2015, 06:01 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
EDIT: FULL STORY BELOW. SKIP TO SECOND REPLY FOR UPDATE!

900A, AT&T, WAS 4.4.4. I rooted my phone with towelroot by downgrading via ODIN then reflashing 4.4.4. I've had the phone for a year and wanted to experiment with some custom roms--specifically Twi5ted Lollipop. The version I found last night was V3. Anyways I followed the instructions of installing safestrap then attempting to create a partition to host the mod. Every time I tried to boot the partition I would wait 12 minutes with nothing but a black screen (I presume a bootloop.) After reading some posts here I found it requires a clean flash--not a dirty flash. So I used safestrap to backup, then I wiped it and installed the mod. Nothing--still black screen. I then attempted to restore the backup I saved--fails every time.

At this point being the noob I am, I started to get very concerned. I went into advanced wipe and for some reason selected 'system' and wiped it. After a reboot, it shows the Samsung logo, goes blank, vibrates then goes back to the Samsung logo. I went into the standard bootloader and attempted to restore to factory settings but there is nothing to restore of course cause I wiped everything.

I'm currently at work bored as heck cause my phone is wiped. I can still go into download mode thankfully. Should I have no problems flashing stock via ODIN when I get home on my lunch break? Which stock firmware should I flash for this phone?

Thanks!
Last edited by Mordoire; 8th July 2015 at 08:11 PM.

8th July 2015, 07:35 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Flag Omaha

More
Unfortunately my lunch break brought me no good news. I downloaded stock found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2714455

After I flashed all the files (Except BL) when it boots, it get's to the Samsung logo--freezes halfway through then goes blank with the blue LED light on. I waited 10 minutes just to see what it does with no luck.

Another thing I found was weird-why when I boot does it still say 'Custom' when I flashed the stock firmware?

I really hope I don't have to drop $650 on a new phone Any help would be incredibly appreciated. Thanks guys!

DETAILED INFO: KOT49H. 6900AUCU1ANCE
MODEL: SM-6900A UD
FCC ID : A3LSMG900A
GALAXY S5 AT&T
Last edited by Mordoire; 8th July 2015 at 08:13 PM.
8th July 2015, 08:01 PM |#3  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 136

More
why didn't you also flash the bootloader?
8th July 2015, 08:10 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Omaha

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-y

why didn't you also flash the bootloader?

AT&T bootloader is locked right? Regardless I tried flashing the bootloader as a last resort and ODIN failed. Figured it just confirmed what everyone else said that it's locked.
8th July 2015, 09:03 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Omaha

More
Is there a specific way I need to flash the files? Like one at a time?

Do I need to restore factory settings/delete cache THEN flash each? or vice versa?

Am I basically screwed since I have AT&T?

8th July 2015, 11:08 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Omaha

More
FIXED!

After flashing 4.4.2 several times and trying different things, I came across this thread which finally brought my phone back to life. Thanks XDA!!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-...g900a-t3077652
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)