Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,404 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Contacts names not display in sms app

Tip us?

android addicts
Old
(Last edited by android addicts; 12th August 2014 at 02:20 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89
After I update my phone via ODIN, sms app (including stock app) doesn't show the contacts name. Instead of that it shows phone number.

I have SM-G900F SGS5. I used UK version firmware.

sharingan
Old
Thanks Meter 607

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
After I update my phone via ODIN, sms app (including stock app) doesn't show the contacts name. Instead of that it shows phone number.

I have SM-G900F SGS5. I used UK version firmware.
i think that happens in latest update or do a wipe cache partition after clearing data of message app in settings and see if you problem gets solved

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU
The Following User Says Thank You to sharingan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by android addicts View Post

You are making an assumption that the SMS apps should automatically scan your contact information and auto update. But you don't provide any history, context or details to even begin to guess if that is an accurate assumption. I'd assume that you'd need to manually update or import such information.

No doubt if you did a decent search, you'd discover which is the case in existing threads.

The suggestion to try clearing your cache is reasonable, try that first and see if it makes any difference.