No registration required

[Q] Cricket Galaxy S5

OP groundrocket

28th July 2014, 07:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
More
I recently got an S5 from Cricket/AIO. Was wondering if it was the same as the AT&T version because I wanted to root and put a custom ROM onto it.
The Following User Says Thank You to groundrocket For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th July 2014, 09:53 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 621

1,978 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by groundrocket

I recently got an S5 from Cricket/AIO. Was wondering if it was the same as the AT&T version because I wanted to root and put a custom ROM onto it.

Most of us have no direct experience with Cricket because it's not a natiomal carrier. It's only an option for a limited number of US zip codes.

Looking at the specs, starting with the model number - SM-G900AZKZAIO strongly suggest that it's just a rebranded ATT 900A model. And sure enough the specs say that your phone uses all of the same frequency bands.

So the overwhelming chances are that it's ATT compatible in all significant aspects.

The Following User Says Thank You to fffft For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th December 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 48

198 posts
More
Quote:

Just picked one of these up on Black Friday. Care to share your experience with custom roms for this model? Did the Roms/root for the Att variant work okay? Thanks in advance!
8th December 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

250 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lttlwing16

Just picked one of these up on Black Friday. Care to share your experience with custom roms for this model? Did the Roms/root for the Att variant work okay? Thanks in advance!

Quote:

I would be very interested to know as well and thank you for starting this thread. Looking at the settings I see the USB TETHERING and WIFI TETHERING is completely missing from the settings altogether. Thats one main reason I want to root so I can actually use my data outside of the phone. Plus the boot animation is Cricket branded. So its not just a relabeled AT&T phone. The model number also ends in 900AZ not 900A like the AT&T version. The kernel is NE7 thought.

I also found this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...icket-t2863858

Lets move on to that thread.
Last edited by brooklynite; 8th December 2014 at 12:27 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread