Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 45,384 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Custom recovery and KNOX 0X0 ??

Tip us?

joeherlev
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Default Custom recovery and KNOX 0X0 ??

Now that we have Root without KNOX problems.. Will it ever be possible to flash custom Recovery / Roms too... And still have KNOX 0x0 ?
PHONE Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F ROM Omega Rom V8 KERNEL Omega 1.3 BOOTLOADER G900FXXU1ANG9

PHONE Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505.. ROM Omega Rom V26 KERNEL Talexop 2.5 BOOTLOADER I9505XXUFNBH

PHONE Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.. ROM Omega Rom V54 KERNEL Boeffla 5.1 BOOTLOADER I9300DDUGMK1

babygau
Old
Thanks Meter 204
You can use Safestrap Recovery

Please read carefully before taking any step
Please click THANKS button on the left instead of just saying if you find my post useful for you ,

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk Pro

Device: Galaxy S5 G900I
ROM: XtreStoLite ROM by @edgarf28
Kernel: KT Kernel by @ktoonsez with modified ktoonsifized v2 profile

joeherlev
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
What version of Safestrap revovery to use on the F model ?
PHONE Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F ROM Omega Rom V8 KERNEL Omega 1.3 BOOTLOADER G900FXXU1ANG9

PHONE Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505.. ROM Omega Rom V26 KERNEL Talexop 2.5 BOOTLOADER I9505XXUFNBH

PHONE Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.. ROM Omega Rom V54 KERNEL Boeffla 5.1 BOOTLOADER I9300DDUGMK1

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeherlev View Post
What version of Safestrap revovery to use on the F model ?
Safestrap is only for ATT and Verizon devices afaik, it probably does not work on the G900F.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

joeherlev
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Okay.. So I wont try.. Will it ever be possible to have custom recovery for F model then without KNOX 0x1 ?

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,063
Quote:
Okay.. So I wont try.. Will it ever be possible to have custom recovery for F model then without KNOX 0x1 ?
Not atm, KNOX is impossible to hack as security is iron clad
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

joeherlev
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Not atm, KNOX is impossible to hack as security is iron clad
But how can it be done on models with locked bootloader then ?

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,063
Quote:
But how can it be done on models with locked bootloader then ?
Safestrap creates virtual partitions afaik and writes data on those, look here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2793891 for more info.

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 420
Quote:
Now that we have Root without KNOX problems.. Will it ever be possible to flash custom Recovery / Roms too... And still have KNOX 0x0 ?

Sure. Anyone who says otherwise is exercising a certain failure of imagination.

That however doesn't mean that it is easy. And you certainly can't put a fixed time frame on it. A few weeks ago we couldn't root the locked bootloaders on a Verizon or ATT phone. Then Pinkie Pie discovered the CVE-2014-3153 vulnerability and Geohot developed the towel root exploit on that doorstep.

And if you haven't been following the forums here recently we've seen some exciting work and success in not only downgrading a device from Kitkat to Jellybean but also undoing the Knox flag in the process. Something that Samsung told us was impossible. But now we find that Samsung was playing fast and loose with the truth again. They told us that the Knox qfuse was a permanent and irreversible OTP. But it turns out that qfuses, or some of the qfuses at least can actually be reset if we are creative.

Samsung probably does this to make their own code development easier. Certainly it's easier for them to reset a Knox flag than have to replace a motherboard when factory refurbishing devices. The lesson in all of this is to take pronouncements that something is impossible with a grain of salt. All is not always as it seems. Yes the day will come when we can flash a custom recovery or kernel and still have a 0x0 Knox flag.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fffft For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]