[Q] Custom ROM in a clone of the S5

OP ariwake

30th August 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
My parents got me a phone out of AliExpress but they wanted a cheap one so they just bought a clone instead of the real thing. The clone is the one with the MTK6592 Octa-Core CPU. I have been looking around but I have not found anything usefull on the subject. So I am asking, Is it possible to install a custom ROM like CyanogenMod and the like? If it is, can someone show me a tutorial on how to do it?
Thanks
30th August 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 70

302 posts
Everything is possible, you can make your own rom based on source of CM

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk
30th August 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,159

8,598 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariwake

My parents got me a phone out of AliExpress but they wanted a cheap one so they just bought a clone instead of the real thing. The clone is the one with the MTK6592 Octa-Core CPU. I have been looking around but I have not found anything usefull on the subject. So I am asking, Is it possible to install a custom ROM like CyanogenMod and the like? If it is, can someone show me a tutorial on how to do it?
Thanks

Do not flash ANYTHING for the S5 or you`ll brick your phone. Leave this forum and Google for possible (but not likely) roms for your forum. There is nothing any1 can do for you here. Good luck
PS tell your parents not to waste money, you would be better off with a Moto G 4G to be honest.
Last edited by gee2012; 30th August 2014 at 05:11 PM.
30th August 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 556

1,894 posts
As noted immediately above, don't try flashing anything intended for an authentic S5 as it won't work and will quite probably damage your clone. Look for a forum that specializes in clones e.g. China devices to see what your options are and what can be flashed on your phone.

31st August 2014, 03:26 AM   |  #5  
Account currently disabled
Flag straya kienttt
Thanks Meter: 474

1,816 posts
More
No. It is a different device. It would probably be easier to get S5 software running on the M8 than that MediaTek device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread