FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

CWM Recovery on S5 active ?

25th August 2014, 08:00 PM |#1  
daltonhrrll's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Anyone know how to get a stable recovery on s5 active at ? I rooted with towel root and now I just need a recovery ? Here's my device info

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1408993220386.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (46.3 KB, 94 views)
 
 
31st August 2014, 05:26 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Question
Bump,

I too would like to know if CWR can be installed on the active. Just picked mine up today and so far i cant seem to find a whole lot of information about compatible recoveries or cyan mod regarding the gs 5 active
31st August 2014, 10:11 PM |#3  
daltonhrrll's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OigMan

Bump,

I too would like to know if CWR can be installed on the active. Just picked mine up today and so far i cant seem to find a whole lot of information about compatible recoveries or cyan mod regarding the gs 5 active

If it's att the bootloader is locked and will probably stay that way so safestrap is all we got
31st August 2014, 11:32 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonhrrll

If it's att the bootloader is locked and will probably stay that way so safestrap is all we got

It is indeed att =/

hopefully Samsung will smarten up and unlock the bootloader, i remember i had this same trouble with my HTC One and then after a few months they finally opened up the bootloader. Im starting to regret picking up the Gs5...
1st September 2014, 03:44 PM |#5  
daltonhrrll's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OigMan

It is indeed att =/

hopefully Samsung will smarten up and unlock the bootloader, i remember i had this same trouble with my HTC One and then after a few months they finally opened up the bootloader. Im starting to regret picking up the Gs5...

Yeah I doubt Samsung will let us unlock, until then dynamic Kat is A good ROM to run
8th February 2015, 07:24 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Flag Grenoble
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Hi !
I'm interested by a custom recovery on S5A too, i have european version (SM-G870F) but i guess it's the same no ?
XDA is the best !
Thank you !
Last edited by TankiFrench; 8th February 2015 at 07:53 PM.
10th February 2015, 06:57 AM |#7  
tovarish's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankiFrench

Hi !
I'm interested by a custom recovery on S5A too, i have european version (SM-G870F) but i guess it's the same no ?
XDA is the best !
Thank you !

I am using TWRP in my sm-g870f which i installed using the app on google play. I installed the s5 version.
The Following User Says Thank You to tovarish For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2015, 09:11 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Flag Grenoble
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovarish

I am using TWRP in my sm-g870f which i installed using the app on google play. I installed the s5 version.

Thanks ! I'm gonna try

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

I tried by using the app, but crash when I tap "device model", so I think I will try by flashing, but not today

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

I flashed TWRP by using ODIN and it works, Thank you very much
The Following User Says Thank You to TankiFrench For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes