FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

CWM Recovery on S5 active ?

855 posts
Thanks Meter: 459

By daltonhrrll, Senior Member on 25th August 2014, 08:00 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Anyone know how to get a stable recovery on s5 active at ? I rooted with towel root and now I just need a recovery ? Here's my device info

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1408993220386.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (46.3 KB, 130 views)

31st August 2014, 05:26 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question
Bump,

I too would like to know if CWR can be installed on the active. Just picked mine up today and so far i cant seem to find a whole lot of information about compatible recoveries or cyan mod regarding the gs 5 active
31st August 2014, 10:11 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Greenville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OigMan

Bump,

I too would like to know if CWR can be installed on the active. Just picked mine up today and so far i cant seem to find a whole lot of information about compatible recoveries or cyan mod regarding the gs 5 active

If it's att the bootloader is locked and will probably stay that way so safestrap is all we got
31st August 2014, 11:32 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonhrrll

If it's att the bootloader is locked and will probably stay that way so safestrap is all we got

It is indeed att =/

hopefully Samsung will smarten up and unlock the bootloader, i remember i had this same trouble with my HTC One and then after a few months they finally opened up the bootloader. Im starting to regret picking up the Gs5...
1st September 2014, 03:44 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Greenville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OigMan

It is indeed att =/

hopefully Samsung will smarten up and unlock the bootloader, i remember i had this same trouble with my HTC One and then after a few months they finally opened up the bootloader. Im starting to regret picking up the Gs5...

Yeah I doubt Samsung will let us unlock, until then dynamic Kat is A good ROM to run
8th February 2015, 07:24 PM |#6  
Flag Grenoble
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi !
I'm interested by a custom recovery on S5A too, i have european version (SM-G870F) but i guess it's the same no ?
XDA is the best !
Thank you !
Last edited by TankiFrench; 8th February 2015 at 07:53 PM.
10th February 2015, 06:57 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankiFrench

Hi !
I'm interested by a custom recovery on S5A too, i have european version (SM-G870F) but i guess it's the same no ?
XDA is the best !
Thank you !

I am using TWRP in my sm-g870f which i installed using the app on google play. I installed the s5 version.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tovarish For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2015, 09:11 AM |#8  
Flag Grenoble
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovarish

I am using TWRP in my sm-g870f which i installed using the app on google play. I installed the s5 version.

Thanks ! I'm gonna try

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

I tried by using the app, but crash when I tap "device model", so I think I will try by flashing, but not today

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

I flashed TWRP by using ODIN and it works, Thank you very much
The Following User Says Thank You to TankiFrench For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th June 2015, 12:42 PM |#9  
Flag Søborg
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovarish

Coming from a Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505 (rom was before Knox, yay!)) I guess I'm spoiled for info. I didn't quite expect it to be this sparse. :-/
Only 2 threads concerning rooting and installing recovery on the SM-G870F..

Even though I've been here for almost a decade, I still find it unsettling every time i have to fiddle with the firmware.
And even more so, when Samsung is threatening with all sorts of evil (which btw by law, doesn't ruin my guarantee where I live).

So thanks guys! I'm now rooted (Chainfire -Towelroot doesn't work) and have made a backup with TWRP.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread