Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] in desperate need of help

OP tammy21536

19th August 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
s5 active, I downloaded fx and towelroot to black out some apps, rebooted and it freezes on the at&t logo screen, was advised to clear cache partition, did not work, I know nothing about this stuff, please help
19th August 2014, 04:18 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 621

1,978 posts
It would have been nice if your post title was more informative.

Give us a detailed description of how you tried to clear the cache partition, so that we can confirm whether you did it correctly or spot your error. In the unlikely event that wiping the cache properly doesn't resolve your issue, then your recourse is to use Odin to write a full, stock ATT firmware image back to your phone to recover.

--
your lack of planning does not make it my emergency
19th August 2014, 05:27 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 621

1,978 posts
For the benefit of anyone else that has similar problems and reads this thread, wiping the cache partition usually resolves a boot loop, where the phone won't boot properly.

If it doesn't, that inevitably means that you disabled or froze a critical system app that is now preventing your phone from booting. Ideally if you made a backup, you could simply restore that to fix the problem. Since few people bother to make backups, then you can either write a full stock firmware image back to the phone to recover. Or you could try using mobile Odin Pro to write just the system files or if you kept a list of what you changed, use an ADB shell to revert the critical system files that you renamed.

--
your lack of planning doesn't make it my emergency
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread