Developer needs your feedback (fingerprint scan lock screen & root needed)

Search This thread

greglord

Jul 8, 2009
Stuttgart
Hi;

I'm currently developing an application (seen in my signature). One of the things users are asking is the action to remove lock when certain conditions are met. This, however, can be echieved with root permissions and here's where you step in. :)

Since there are some differences in roms developed by Sony, Samsung, HTC and others, I am looking for additional info.

So if your phone is rooted and running Stock Samsung ROM with Touchwiz UI, you're the person I need!

Please do this steps and just copy paste results here:

1. Enable fingerprint scan lock screen protection in System Settings.
2. Open Terminal Emulator or connect your phone with PC with usb cable and run adb command:
2.1 if Terminal Emulator, run: "su" (without quotes)
2.2 if adb, run: "adb shell" and then "su" (both, without quotes)
3. run command: sqlite3 /data/system/locksettings.db "SELECT * FROM locksettings"
4. save output info somewhere
5. Disable lock screen protection you've enabled in 1st step.
6. run command: sqlite3 /data/system/locksettings.db "SELECT * FROM locksettings"
7. save output info
8. paste output info from #4 & #8
9. ???
10. profit.

Here is the example output:

Code:
root@m8:/ # sqlite3 /data/system/locksettings.db "SELECT * FROM locksettings"
2|migrated|0|true
3|migrated_user_specific|0|true
4|lockscreen.password_salt|0|3977270701243753649
9|lockscreen.passwordhistory|0|
14|lock_pattern_autolock|0|0
15|lockscreen.password_type|0|0
16|lockscreen.password_type_alternate|0|0
17|lockscreen.disabled|0|0

Thank you for your help!

(if you think you're pasting too much information, you can replace any strings (hashes, salts, etc) with zeros or anything else)

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
Umm, no.

I wish you luck with your app but what you are asking would take an unreasonable amount of time to collect what you want, not to mention needing to review it for personal information.

greglord

Jul 8, 2009
Stuttgart
Umm, no.

I wish you luck with your app but what you are asking would take an unreasonable amount of time to collect what you want, not to mention needing to review it for personal information.

Not really. As far is I'm concerned, all lockscreen data is stored in db stated above. The data I need is only to see if phone developer is putting their info in Android default db or not. If so, app will make backup of original and replace it with blank (no lock screen) values.

As stated,

(if you think you're pasting too much information, you can replace any strings (hashes, salts, etc) with zeros or anything else)