Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,481 Members 53,806 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Directory of apps for backing up

Tip us?

Milchreislucker
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Directory of apps for backing up

Hi all,

I'm searching the directory for those four apps because I'd like them to remain in their current state after a hard reset:

VocAppUlary
PvZ 2
Offroad Legends
TypeNote

Can you help me? or is there a better way to back those up? It's just those four apps that I'd like.

Thank you in advance .)

- Milchreislucker

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 420
You gave us precious few details about your phone, not even what model of S5 or firmware version you have. So it's impossible to give specific advice. Nor do I use your apps. Your apps may store information in the userdata partition and /or internal or external memory.

The best way to back up is with a custom recovery e.g. TWRP. Or in the alternative, something like Titanium Pro.

Milchreislucker
Old
(Last edited by Milchreislucker; 21st August 2014 at 03:01 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Excuse me, of course:

model: SM-G900F
version: 4.4.2

I will look up your suggested apps.

edit: I have seen the apps through, but root is no option for me because I've already tried and failed the root access. I think, I've done some damage and therefore would like to reset this phone.

2nd edit: I found an app called Helium that does it. There I can back up single apps into files which I can later extract from my internal memory to anywhere I want. The directory of the internal memory to where Helium saves the back up files is called carbon. Thank you for everything .)