No registration required

[Q] Disabling Auto Updates from AT&T

OP carlhwv

28th August 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
More
Just got my S5 rooted. Looks like Titanium changed a bit since I last used it to disable the auto push of software from ATT. Can someone verify which app I need to freeze? I believe it is AT&T Software update, but just need to verify. Don't need to go though what I had to last night.....

Thanks
29th August 2014, 01:23 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 621

1,978 posts
You didn't say whether you meant firmware updates or updates of ATT apps in general. There are usually two system apps that deal with firmware. An OTA update. And a notification app. Verizon and ATT like to rename apps though. You posted your question in the general forum, rather than the ATT forum, so a lot of people here like myself don't use ATT. I have seen the ATT app names posted and if you do a search you will find them in existing threads.

Then freeze or rename the firmware update apps.

If you meant all ATT apps, updates are usually controlled by each app. So your options would be to look through the app's settings to disable updates or disabling the app completely. The only way to block all ATT apps from updating would be to restrict app permissions or use a firewall.

30th August 2014, 02:57 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft

You didn't say whether you meant firmware updates or updates of ATT apps in general. There are usually two system apps that deal with firmware. An OTA update. And a notification app. Verizon and ATT like to rename apps though. You posted your question in the general forum, rather than the ATT forum, so a lot of people here like myself don't use ATT. I have seen the ATT app names posted and if you do a search you will find them in existing threads.

Then freeze or rename the firmware update apps.

If you meant all ATT apps, updates are usually controlled by each app. So your options would be to look through the app's settings to disable updates or disabling the app completely. The only way to block all ATT apps from updating would be to restrict app permissions or use a firewall.

Looking for Firmware update disable. Thanks for the hints. I'll do some work to figure it out. In the interim if anyone has the answer to the test, please....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread