Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Editing APKs on a deodexed ROM

OP Rhypht

2nd July 2014, 03:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Here's my situation: I've rooted my S5 and tried out a few different ROMs, but I'm looking for something specific that I haven't been able to quite find yet. This is probably due to the relatively low number of ROMs supporting the G900P model, because ROMs like X-Note and Alliance look like what I need.

Essentially, I want a ROM that is completely debloated, streamlined with no extra crap on it. Additionally I'd like to have that ROM have custom colors, boot animation, etc.

MOAR (the ROM I'm currently using) is somewhat debloated with some good customization possibilities. However, I've been having some system issues with this ROM. Additionally, the color customization doesn't support linking colors of multiple aspects of the device, so you have to go copy/paste a color for everything that you want to be the same color, and there's a lot of options there. It still contains a bit of excess software, and the ROM itself takes up a large amount of my phone storage.

Another ROM that I have used is R.D.D.T. which is a great rom that is completely debloated and deodexed. Very streamlined and clean, however it's customization options are essentially nonexistent. Ideally, I'd like to use this ROM and be able to edit the colors and boot animation of my phone to get a more customized look. This is why I'm looking into editing APK files. I'd like to flash this ROM and edit the APK files or other files in order to edit my phone's look.

I've looked at tutorials for editing APK files, but none of them really show where you need to go to actually find the specific files, which ones you're looking for, etc. and I was wondering if there was a good tutorial for that here.
2nd July 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 18,426

8,534 posts
Donate to Me
More
Alliance is the only rom on s5 that allows linking etc. The code to enable all that stuff though is in tons of files. It's not a case of just adding a little bit I'm afraid. However... With a bit of luck we may have a sprint rom at some point in the near future.

If you really want to learn look at my threads and you will find a smali thread which should help

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
2nd July 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Thanks for the reply! The linking aspect isn't a huge concern for me atm. Honestly if I was just able to get a good color scheme all set and a custom boot animation, I could just leave at that and be fine. I'm just not sure where to find the correct APK files and get them edited to look how I want.

But yes, getting Alliance on Sprint S5 would be wonderful
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread