Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 40,944 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Emergency Help needed. Display not turning ON..

Tip us?

Masum56k
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Default Emergency Help needed. Display not turning ON..

My device never got a Hit by anything. Or never dropped from any height.. Even there ain't any single scratch in my display...

But today suddenly my S5 phone's display totally gone to off.. Full black screen, like when we kept phone off..

OS is running. I can switch Power On/Off.. LED notification working.. Haptic key working..

Tapatalk - Galaxy S5 (G900H)

Masum56k
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
I can't even boot into Recovery/Download mode, because display is still off/black..
Never rooted. Or never download any app without Play Store..

russ18uk
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Try and backup what you can through Kies and copy SD card data and return to where you bought it

Masum56k
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ18uk View Post
Try and backup what you can through Kies and copy SD card data and return to where you bought it
Yes. This'll be my last step.. I'll do it tomorrow..

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 415
Boot to recovery mode and wipe the partition cache. That will resolve most issues.

Restore your backup.

If you don't have a backup, you should take note and do so in the future. You could try "dirty flashing" just the system files or a custom ROM. That will mess up installed apps but is likely to make your device usable and leave user files and photos intact.

As a last resort, try writing a full, stock backup to your phone with Odin. You could also try getting your phone repaired if it is under warranty, however if you have rooted it or incremented the Knox counter some carriers or Samsung may refuse you warranty service.