Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q]i think my ex has hacked , cloned my number and is messing with my phone.

OP Cjayz77

24th August 2014, 12:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Gday all . I have noticed strange activity with my phone for the past 3 months . Passwords getting changed , weird apps getting loaded , calls to numbers i dont know etc etc. I downloaded catlog to find even stranger activity with audio commands , as i dont know much about linex or android as im new to this scene. I thought id post on here for some needed advise. Hope you members can help me out a little. When i look at this in text form it says that there was calls made am i being paranoid or is there something im actually reading right..
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2014-08-24-20-20-42.txt - [Click for QR Code] (3.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: txt 2014-08-24-20-14-54.txt - [Click for QR Code] (10.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: txt 2014-08-24-20-13-15.txt - [Click for QR Code] (1.4 KB, 8 views)
24th August 2014, 12:48 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 622

1,978 posts
You didn't give many details, only a summary of ostensibly erratic application behaviour. It's nigh impossible to reach any conclusion in the absence of abundant details. So for peace of mind, I'd suggest resetting everything and start over.

So back up any files, photos, etc that you wish to keep. Then use the Odin program to write a 100% stock firmware to your phone. Followed by a factory data reset. That should remove any spyware, malware, malicious apps or anything else short of physical modifications to your phone - which is an unlikely scenario.

As to a cloned number.. that seems unlikely. But if you believe so, then have your provider change your number, get a new SIM card, etc. Or better yet, simply change providers.

Then you will have a stable base to proceed from.

The Following User Says Thank You to fffft For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,291

8,941 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjayz77

Gday all . I have noticed strange activity with my phone for the past 3 months . Passwords getting changed , weird apps getting loaded , calls to numbers i dont know etc etc. I downloaded catlog to find even stranger activity with audio commands , as i dont know much about linex or android as im new to this scene. I thought id post on here for some needed advise. Hope you members can help me out a little. When i look at this in text form it says that there was calls made am i being paranoid or is there something im actually reading right..

Have you downloaded black (not from Play or official) apps or cracked games from websites? They often are used to mess with your phone and can even cost you a lot of money. I recommend to flash a stock rom and data factory reset afterwards to rule out that option.

Edit: Oeps! Allready mentioned above by @fffft
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread