XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more
Post Reply

Any experiences with CWM on S5?

OP RotteRotte

25th August 2014, 04:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
101 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
I'm thinking about installing CWM recovery-6.0.4.7 on my S5. Anyone done it and can confirm it's working?
25th August 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #2  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,130
 
8,538 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotteRotte

I'm thinking about installing CWM recovery-6.0.4.7 on my S5. Anyone done it and can confirm it's working?

Philz Touch recovery is based on CWM 6.0.5.0 and is very stable, link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2721687.
25th August 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
101 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Philz Touch recovery is based on CWM 6.0.5.0 and is very stable, link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2721687.

Ok. I have downloaded that too, but I'm considering installing g900f-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.7.tar. This is an edition I've ready some articles about, but don't know if it's stable or not. Do you have any thoughts about it?
25th August 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #4  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,130
 
8,538 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotteRotte

Ok. I have downloaded that too, but I'm considering installing g900f-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.7.tar. This is an edition I've ready some articles about, but don't know if it's stable or not. Do you have any thoughts about it?

I haven`t used it myself as i always use Philz`s recovery, but i guess it will be oke. Just try it out and find out.
25th August 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
101 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

I haven`t used it myself as i always use Philz`s recovery, but i guess it will be oke. Just try it out and find out.

CWM 6.0.5.0 doesnt look like the newest one anymore, btw..And I have the G900F, not H .
25th August 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #6  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,130
 
8,538 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotteRotte

CWM 6.0.5.0 doesnt look like the newest one anymore, btw..And I have the G900F, not H .

Where did i post that you have a 900H?
25th August 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
101 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Where did i post that you have a 900H?

My bad :P Didn't matter. I ended up with Philz Touch too (philz_touch_6.48.4-klte.tar). Thanks for your help, mate
25th August 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #8  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,130
 
8,538 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotteRotte

My bad :P Didn't matter. I ended up with Philz Touch too (philz_touch_6.48.4-klte.tar). Thanks for your help, mate

Oke, good luck
25th August 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
101 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Oke, good luck

Everything works really good Happy with my choice, and your help.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank