Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,032 Members 43,773 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Failed to root galaxy S5 usning ODIN

Tip us?

GW057
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Failed to root galaxy S5 usning ODIN

Hello, I have tried both ways to root my Galaxy S5 and when I try and update the firmware via my old way using my phone, it says my phone has been altered. I attempted to use a root only app and i was prompted i needed a rooted phone to use it. When I went in to use towelroot, after clicking "make it ra1n" I was prompted "you should have root, no reboot required". Is my phone rooted and how do I know if it is and how do i use different roms on my phone?

GW--

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by GW057 View Post
Hello, I have tried both ways to root my Galaxy S5 and when I try and update the firmware via my old way using my phone, it says my phone has been altered. I attempted to use a root only app and i was prompted i needed a rooted phone to use it. When I went in to use towelroot, after clicking "make it ra1n" I was prompted "you should have root, no reboot required". Is my phone rooted and how do I know if it is and how do i use different roms on my phone?

GW--
Do you have a G900F or a different model? To flash customs roms you don`t need root as these roms are pre rooted allready. You only need to flash a custom recovery so you can flash these roms and get root anyway
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue