Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] flash stock rom unlock???

OP heffercow

28th September 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Ok so long story short, I bought an unlocked S5 off CL. Turns out its the 900H which means it doesnt have the necessary radio to be able to use 4G/LTE. It also wont locate satellites for gps accurately. I am assuming this is because of only having 3g access???

Anyways, got my hands on a 900AZ (cricket) model, which does support AT&T 4G/LTE (I think). But it is locked and wont work with my sim. I was wondering if I rooted this thing and flashed a stock AT&T rom would that get me around the lock issue? Or am I going to have to just suck it up and pay $40 for an unlock code?

I tried searching but couldnt find an answer to this, thanks for any help.
11th November 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #2  
Flag Guatemala City
Thanks Meter: 43

253 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffercow

Ok so long story short, I bought an unlocked S5 off CL. Turns out its the 900H which means it doesnt have the necessary radio to be able to use 4G/LTE. It also wont locate satellites for gps accurately. I am assuming this is because of only having 3g access???

Anyways, got my hands on a 900AZ (cricket) model, which does support AT&T 4G/LTE (I think). But it is locked and wont work with my sim. I was wondering if I rooted this thing and flashed a stock AT&T rom would that get me around the lock issue? Or am I going to have to just suck it up and pay $40 for an unlock code?

I tried searching but couldnt find an answer to this, thanks for any help.

Sorry but the network unlock doesn't consist on flashing a ROM of the company and Voilą its unlocked. You need a special code to unlock the network. There use to be a method for the Galaxy S - Galaxy S3 (can't remember if S4 was supported) but nothing for the Galaxy S5 yet. I guess for now the ones that I have read that work are coming from unlocking services companies.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread