Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Flashed a bad recovery...

OP Queueyou

5th July 2014, 03:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
I attempted to flash a TWRP recovery on my S5 (9006v). I previously had a chinese recovery of CWM but the language was all chinese so I needed to change it.

Now, I'm stuck with it attempting to reboot into recovery and pulling battery / volume +/- etc doesn't seem to stop it from attempting to load recovery (and fail / reboot)

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated...
5th July 2014, 04:07 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

50 posts
Boot into odin mode and flash the proper recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alan Shore For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Shore

Boot into odin mode and flash the proper recovery.

Great idea, but it isn't responding to power/volume to get into Odin Mode. I used "Boot into recovery" in Rom Installer. Now I can't seem to force it to boot anything except attempting to load recovery over and over.
5th July 2014, 08:34 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,248

8,819 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queueyou

Great idea, but it isn't responding to power/volume to get into Odin Mode. I used "Boot into recovery" in Rom Installer. Now I can't seem to force it to boot anything except attempting to load recovery over and over.

Pull the battery, wait about 30 seconds, reinsert the battery and press volume down + menu + power and see if you can get into downloadmode and flash a custom recovery (i personaly recommend Philz Touch recovery) or a stock rom to get the phone running again. You might also try a JIG to get into downloadmode, tried it myself and works on the G900F.
Last edited by gee2012; 5th July 2014 at 08:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Pull the battery, wait about 30 seconds, reinsert the battery and press volume down + menu + power and see if you can get into downloadmode and flash a custom recovery (i personaly recommend Philz Touch recovery) or a stock rom to get the phone running again. You might also try a JIG to get into downloadmode, tried it myself and works on the G900F.

Attempted multiple times and for some reason it kicked in this time and went into odin mode. Is there a philz touch for the td-lte version? Didn't see one anywhere, but perhaps there's something hiding somewhere...
5th July 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,248

8,819 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queueyou

Attempted multiple times and for some reason it kicked in this time and went into odin mode. Is there a philz touch for the td-lte version? Didn't see one anywhere, but perhaps there's something hiding somewhere...

No, idea tbh. PM the dev for more info and maybe info about development for your device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread