Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 37,806 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashed a bad recovery...

Tip us?

Queueyou
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Flashed a bad recovery...

I attempted to flash a TWRP recovery on my S5 (9006v). I previously had a chinese recovery of CWM but the language was all chinese so I needed to change it.

Now, I'm stuck with it attempting to reboot into recovery and pulling battery / volume +/- etc doesn't seem to stop it from attempting to load recovery (and fail / reboot)

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated...

Alan Shore
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Boot into odin mode and flash the proper recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alan Shore For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Queueyou
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Shore View Post
Boot into odin mode and flash the proper recovery.
Great idea, but it isn't responding to power/volume to get into Odin Mode. I used "Boot into recovery" in Rom Installer. Now I can't seem to force it to boot anything except attempting to load recovery over and over.

gee2012
Old
(Last edited by gee2012; 5th July 2014 at 07:44 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queueyou View Post
Great idea, but it isn't responding to power/volume to get into Odin Mode. I used "Boot into recovery" in Rom Installer. Now I can't seem to force it to boot anything except attempting to load recovery over and over.
Pull the battery, wait about 30 seconds, reinsert the battery and press volume down + menu + power and see if you can get into downloadmode and flash a custom recovery (i personaly recommend Philz Touch recovery) or a stock rom to get the phone running again. You might also try a JIG to get into downloadmode, tried it myself and works on the G900F.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Queueyou
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Pull the battery, wait about 30 seconds, reinsert the battery and press volume down + menu + power and see if you can get into downloadmode and flash a custom recovery (i personaly recommend Philz Touch recovery) or a stock rom to get the phone running again. You might also try a JIG to get into downloadmode, tried it myself and works on the G900F.
Attempted multiple times and for some reason it kicked in this time and went into odin mode. Is there a philz touch for the td-lte version? Didn't see one anywhere, but perhaps there's something hiding somewhere...

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queueyou View Post
Attempted multiple times and for some reason it kicked in this time and went into odin mode. Is there a philz touch for the td-lte version? Didn't see one anywhere, but perhaps there's something hiding somewhere...
No, idea tbh. PM the dev for more info and maybe info about development for your device.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue