Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more
Post Reply

[Q] Flashed a bad recovery...

5th July 2014, 02:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
I attempted to flash a TWRP recovery on my S5 (9006v). I previously had a chinese recovery of CWM but the language was all chinese so I needed to change it.

Now, I'm stuck with it attempting to reboot into recovery and pulling battery / volume +/- etc doesn't seem to stop it from attempting to load recovery (and fail / reboot)

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated...
5th July 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
Boot into odin mode and flash the proper recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alan Shore For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Shore

Boot into odin mode and flash the proper recovery.

Great idea, but it isn't responding to power/volume to get into Odin Mode. I used "Boot into recovery" in Rom Installer. Now I can't seem to force it to boot anything except attempting to load recovery over and over.
5th July 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #4  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,102
 
8,455 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queueyou

Great idea, but it isn't responding to power/volume to get into Odin Mode. I used "Boot into recovery" in Rom Installer. Now I can't seem to force it to boot anything except attempting to load recovery over and over.

Pull the battery, wait about 30 seconds, reinsert the battery and press volume down + menu + power and see if you can get into downloadmode and flash a custom recovery (i personaly recommend Philz Touch recovery) or a stock rom to get the phone running again. You might also try a JIG to get into downloadmode, tried it myself and works on the G900F.
Last edited by gee2012; 5th July 2014 at 07:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2014, 08:04 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Pull the battery, wait about 30 seconds, reinsert the battery and press volume down + menu + power and see if you can get into downloadmode and flash a custom recovery (i personaly recommend Philz Touch recovery) or a stock rom to get the phone running again. You might also try a JIG to get into downloadmode, tried it myself and works on the G900F.

Attempted multiple times and for some reason it kicked in this time and went into odin mode. Is there a philz touch for the td-lte version? Didn't see one anywhere, but perhaps there's something hiding somewhere...
5th July 2014, 08:11 PM   |  #6  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,102
 
8,455 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queueyou

Attempted multiple times and for some reason it kicked in this time and went into odin mode. Is there a philz touch for the td-lte version? Didn't see one anywhere, but perhaps there's something hiding somewhere...

No, idea tbh. PM the dev for more info and maybe info about development for your device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank