Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,797 Members 51,578 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] G900F touchscreen not responding to touch

Tip us?

klarki81
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] G900F touchscreen not responding to touch

Hi!

I got this damaged G900F S5 today and it's not responding to touch. I'm trying to repair it.

The download mode works and the recovery mode works as well.

I tried upgrading the firmware and tried flashing a PDA file. The process worked but the screen is still unresponsive.

The screen supposedly went dead after a failed update from kies.

Could you please help me with any advice?

Thanks!

gee2012
Old
(Last edited by gee2012; 29th August 2014 at 07:13 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by klarki81 View Post
Hi!

I got this damaged G900F S5 today and it's not responding to touch. I'm trying to repair it.

The download mode works and the recovery mode works as well.

I tried upgrading the firmware and tried flashing a PDA file. The process worked but the screen is still unresponsive.

The screen supposedly went dead after a failed update from kies.

Could you please help me with any advice?

Thanks!
As you can enter downloadmode try to flash a stock rom with Odin and data factory reset afterwards. If that doesn`t help you may have to send it in for repair.

-Edit- oeps missread/missed about flashing firmware.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

klarki81
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
ok I think I know what's wrong with the phone. The waterdamage stickers from the battery and from underneath the battery are missing (gluemarks left) I guess this phone needs a new digitizer, am I right?

bnight
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I had same problem with my G900F from time to time when the screen is wet the screen not receive touches. But it`s random when you dry the screen it worked out ok. You could try to put the phone in a jar full of rice so the rice will take the wet off the phone this could help.

nbeebe24
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 907

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by klarki81 View Post
ok I think I know what's wrong with the phone. The waterdamage stickers from the battery and from underneath the battery are missing (gluemarks left) I guess this phone needs a new digitizer, am I right?
It could be the digitizer it the LCD screen itself. Unless you are extremely careful or know someone who can do the repair, you'll probably need it serviced by a professional. From what I've seen it looks very difficult to separate the digitizer from the LCD, and you may end up breaking both in the process.