[Q] G900I Taiwanese ROM to Australian ROM?

Search This thread

Danz207

May 13, 2012
Melbourne
Hello,

I'm about to purchase a Galaxy S5 G900I on eBay from Taiwan and I am was wondering if flashing the Australian equivalent ROM on the device would work? I am planning on using this phone with Virgin Mobile (who run off of the Optus network) so would I have a problem flashing the Optus Australia ROM? Should I just flash the generic Australian ROM? Or would doing either of these brick my phone?

Sorry for the noobish question and thank you in advance!

Cheers,

Danz207

May 13, 2012
Melbourne
Bump?
Just to confirm, I want to change from Taiwan (BRI code) to Optus Australia (OPS code) firmware. Both firmware are designed to run on the G900I, so flashing the Australian ROM should be alright?

Danz207

May 13, 2012
Melbourne
OKay then, well I found out that all should be good and it wont void the warranty since it's official Samsung firmware. I'm still wondering though, will I receive future firmware updates?

lingowistico

Jan 4, 2013
Stockholm
goo.gl
OKay then, well I found out that all should be good and it wont void the warranty since it's official Samsung firmware. I'm still wondering though, will I receive future firmware updates?

If it's not rooted then it will give you updates. If you root it then you'll have to flash any updates manually in odin. Also remember this simple rule: if a rom is for [INSERTMODELHERE] and your phone is [INSERTMODELHERE] then it is perfectly fine to flash it, no need to start a thread about it. This is the kind of question clueless people ask on yahoo answers. Smh. Next time dare to spend more of your own personal time on research and don't **** yourself when you see a mouse. Good luck cowboy :fingers-crossed: :cowboy:

Reactions: Danz207

Danz207

May 13, 2012
Melbourne
If it's not rooted then it will give you updates. If you root it then you'll have to flash any updates manually in odin. Also remember this simple rule: if a rom is for [INSERTMODELHERE] and your phone is [INSERTMODELHERE] then it is perfectly fine to flash it, no need to start a thread about it. This is the kind of question clueless people ask on yahoo answers. Smh. Next time dare to spend more of your own personal time on research and don't **** yourself when you see a mouse. Good luck cowboy :fingers-crossed: :cowboy:

Harsh but true, sorry about that and thank you again :)

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
Bump?
Just to confirm, I want to change from Taiwan (BRI code) to Optus Australia (OPS code) firmware. Both firmware are designed to run on the G900I, so flashing the Australian ROM should be alright?

Typically the Taiwan (BRI) and Hong Kong (TGY) models are NOT compatible with other models, so you may need the PIT file from the firmware you attempting to flash. Otherwise that may brick your device.

saikyom

Apr 6, 2015
casablanca
I tried many firmwares from sammobile site, all for g900i with different codes and countries and they all work
I just don't know what's the best one to flash hhhhhh

Reactions: haydent

haydent

Jun 20, 2011
I tried many firmwares from sammobile site, all for g900i with different codes and countries and they all work

Thanks, I ended up try the latest unbranded au rom which worked , and gave me the latest modem/baseband, then i installed the latest lineage, which is android 8, and it runs well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.