Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,525 Members 39,091 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy K Zoom (S5 variant)

Tip us?

LostonEarth
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy K Zoom (S5 variant)

Sorry, this is the closest Forum to the K Zoom for it is an official variant of the S5. I just bought the K Zoom 3G (Spec can be found under Samsung country code za: samsung/za). This SM-C111M model runs Android 4.4.2,Baseband C111MUBU1ANE2, Build KOT49HC111MUBU1ANE5. I have a Gear Fit. This model in the spec supports Gear Manager. However, it is not supported on my K Zoom. According to Samsung tech (the best of many answers) is that Gear Fit Manager requires 4.4.3 or above. I can side load the Gear Fit Manager available on xdadevelopers (thanks), but it does not work. One "Samsung Experience Consultant" claims that I need a data plan (currently not using one, but on wifi). But others techs dispute that. I cannot locate a ROM for 4.4.3 or 4.4.4 update if one exists for this phone.

Can anyone help out this NOOB on where to find the 4.4.4 ROM on this new phone (I don't think it is even available in the US yet)? Cyanogenmod? Work around?

Ideas on what is the cause of incompatibility? I am still unsure of the Samsung techs answers.

Thanks in advance. Such a waste on the great deal on K Zoom (US$450) and Gear Fit (US$100) I got!

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostonEarth View Post
Sorry, this is the closest Forum to the K Zoom for it
Odd. You claimed the same thing at three or four other forums too. It's bad form to spam the same post across multiple forums and all within 24 hours too.

4.4.3 and 4.4.4 are just rolling out, so they are probably not available for your device yet. Google will show you that about 30 versions of 4.4.2 are available for this phone on various firmware sites. And that appears to be the most current firmware at this time.

LostonEarth
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
[Solved] Finally got the right information and solved this. The key is to update the firmware on the Gear Fit. This can be done with a PC (or Mac) with Samsung's Kies3. Connect with USB using the power connector provided with the Gear Fit. Update Gear Fit firmware, side load Gear Fit Manager from XDA, and you are good to go!