Search This thread

davidof

Jun 6, 2008
Ciechanów
davidof.com.pl

I had a problem with the buttons when a change the rom from Galaxy S5 G900
because g900 there is no preseed back button and menu button
home button only works because both models have pressed
after several hours of different combinations I came to solve the problem :)

Install ROM complies with the letter of your phone model
if you have g870F is a need to install rom with g900F not 900A or another model, otherwise you can lose your IMEI and network signal

First your must FULL backup your ORYGINAL S5 ACTIVE rom via TWRP or CW
Then do wipe before installing rom Galaxy S5 G900 (not active)
Install zip your new custom rom g900
after installation, do not reboot your phone !!!!
in TWRP, select the Restore menu
Select partition to restore
select ONLY BOOT
twrp_backup_select.jpg

Then swipe restore
and reboot the system
now preseed back button and menu button should work :)

only one bug :) key activity does not work because s5 g900 does not have such a key

Hit "thanks" if you find it helpful.

Last edited:

Kaltcu

Feb 1, 2016
Does not work on my G870F. Did that and all I got after reboot is Samsung-logo and nothing after that.

I tried to install CM13 and CM12 with same results. Rom installs just fine, but back- and menu-buttons doesn't work. Any ideas?

davidof

Jun 6, 2008
Ciechanów
davidof.com.pl
Does not work on my G870F. Did that and all I got after reboot is Samsung-logo and nothing after that.

I tried to install CM13 and CM12 with same results. Rom installs just fine, but back- and menu-buttons doesn't work. Any ideas?

I work, do not do according to my instructions.
my method works with stock rom
per cm will not work and I will not translate so because as you change the rom you should know .
Good advice - if you do not feed a clue about it, is not taken for that because damage the device.

Kaltcu

Feb 1, 2016
I work, do not do according to my instructions.
my method works with stock rom
per cm will not work and I will not translate so because as you change the rom you should know .
Good advice - if you do not feed a clue about it, is not taken for that because damage the device.

I'll explain more... At the moment I have rooted stock rom installed (SM-G870F, 5.0, G870FXXU1BOB4). I took full backup with TWRP.
I made full format to phone (format, factory reset, caches,...) in TWRP. Installed CM13 (G900F-version). Rebooted => Starts fine, looks fine, everything is fine except back- and menu-buttons.
Back to TWRP, Full format..., installed CM13, restored BOOT from backup, rebooted => Phone hangs in startup.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

@davidof which G900F-rom are you using, perhaps this is rom-based problem

Kaltcu

Feb 1, 2016
Oh, you meant that both, G870F and G900F -roms, must be stock versions... Oops, my bad. Sorry :)
I was just so anxious to see if we finally have some way to use custom roms on G870F :)

Kaltcu

Feb 1, 2016
this custom rom is superb for me PhoeniX ROM V10.5
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2741302

Tried this and now I understood your tip about restoring Boot-sector :) Thx!
Rom is looking ok, only thing is that I cannot change default launcher. I want to use Nova, but everytime i boot my phone, TouchWiz is back :( If I get this one "bug" to work, this rom will be my new best friend :)
After year struggling with stock rom, you helped me to move on and I might stick with this phone a bit longer. HUGE THANX!

davidof

Jun 6, 2008
Ciechanów
davidof.com.pl
Tried this and now I understood your tip about restoring Boot-sector :) Thx!
Rom is looking ok, only thing is that I cannot change default launcher. I want to use Nova, but everytime i boot my phone, TouchWiz is back :( If I get this one "bug" to work, this rom will be my new best friend :)
After year struggling with stock rom, you helped me to move on and I might stick with this phone a bit longer. HUGE THANX!

go to the settings in the default settings, applications
select nova as default launcher :)

boot.img = kernel :)

Kaltcu

Feb 1, 2016
go to the settings in the default settings, applications
select nova as default launcher :)

boot.img = kernel :)

I had to re-flash Phoenix, but now everything runs smoothly and Nova stays as default Launcher. I used Nova-settings to make it default launcher, I used your tip, but nothing worked :) Nova was working nicely when I changed to it, but every time i rebooted the phone, TouchWiz was active launcher. Then I wiped the phone and flashed Phoenix with modified TouchWiz (first time I used stock TouchWiz) and now Nova stays as default launcher even if I reboot the phone. Don't know was it just a clitch in first flash or could it be case with modified vs stock TouchWiz, but it works now :)

Abd Phoenix seems awesome so far, battery life is better and you can modify your phone. Thx once again @davidof

Jerry_R

Feb 23, 2008
Nijmegen
OTA won't work, I downloaded the ROM manually and flashed it, but it keeps stuck at boot logo, aparently Phoenix v12 won't work on G-870F :(
If anyone has a workaround that would be awesome, would love to finally have a cool Marshmallow ROM on our beloved S5 Active

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I had a problem with the buttons when a change the rom from Galaxy S5 G900
    because g900 there is no preseed back button and menu button
    home button only works because both models have pressed
    after several hours of different combinations I came to solve the problem :)

Install ROM complies with the letter of your phone model
    if you have g870F is a need to install rom with g900F not 900A or another model, otherwise you can lose your IMEI and network signal

First your must FULL backup your ORYGINAL S5 ACTIVE rom via TWRP or CW
    Then do wipe before installing rom Galaxy S5 G900 (not active)
    Install zip your new custom rom g900
    after installation, do not reboot your phone !!!!
    in TWRP, select the Restore menu
    Select partition to restore
    select ONLY BOOT
    twrp_backup_select.jpg

Then swipe restore
    and reboot the system
    now preseed back button and menu button should work :)

only one bug :) key activity does not work because s5 g900 does not have such a key

Hit "thanks" if you find it helpful.