Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,337 Members 38,521 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S5 G900F Screen Grainy

Tip us?

qais232
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone Galaxy S5 G900F Screen Grainy

Hello everyone,

i have a Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F and somehow the screen looks kinda grainy especially with bright colors such as white and its not that crystal clear as note 3 S Amoled
so my S5 has a defective screen or all are the same ?
Thanks.

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 420
The S5 display doesn't look at all "grainy" to me. But then we can't see what you are looking at and discern if you have a faulty display or simply subjectively don't like some aspect of the S5 display or perhaps something else entirely.

You should have provided a screen shot or at least an in depth description. Assuming that the issue isn't dramatic it would be best to a comparative screenshot from a N3 and S5.

qais232
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Here is some pictures of my S5 to be precise
i didn't had note 3 to compare with it so i compared it with an iPhone 5

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by qais232 View Post
Here is some pictures of my S5 to be precise
i didn't had note 3 to compare with it so i compared it with an iPhone 5

Which pic is supposed to be grainy lol Looks fine to me tbh.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

russ18uk
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Hard to see in the pictures as you get your desktop/laptop's screen/pixel pitch show up which can exacerbate what you see.

But if you can see the screen being grainy, I'd verify you have a 100% original S5. Grab Phone Info off the Play Store and post the info from it here.

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ18uk View Post
Hard to see in the pictures as you get your desktop/laptop's screen/pixel pitch show up which can exacerbate what you see.

But if you can see the screen being grainy, I'd verify you have a 100% original S5. Grab Phone Info off the Play Store and post the info from it here.
I have a genuine Galaxy S5 (from my provider). My screens not grainy at all, an from the looks of it neither is yours imo.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

qais232
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
The third and fourth pic, if u take a look at the green bar and the grey bar there its lil bit grainy than the iPhone 5
just want to make sure if its normal :\

russ18uk
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
I have a genuine Galaxy S5 (from my provider). My screens not grainy at all, an from the looks of it neither is yours imo.
Not mine LOL. And, I can see some graining in those pictures posted, but they could be caused by the camera or the screen I'm using.

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by qais232 View Post
The third and fourth pic, if u take a look at the green bar and the grey bar there its lil bit grainy than the iPhone 5
just want to make sure if its normal :\
Realy, if you blow up pics like this you will always so a bit of grain. Enjoy your phone and don`t be a nitpicker

Hellscythe
Old
Thanks Meter 462
It might be because of the AMOLED display? AMOLED displays tend to be a bit more grainy compared to LCD displays so that's what you might be noticing. But honestly for me my S5 screen looks just as sharp as my Xperia Z's if I don't hold it 2cm away from my face :S

Edit: I need to learn to read lol. Don't worry about what I said, I realised you had a Note 3 too
Previous devices:

HTC Incredible S S710e (Eventually stopped turning on)

Nexus 7 2012 (Half the screen stopped responding to touch after leaving it for 2 months, also has weird marks on bezel, no idea from where)

Sony Xperia Z C6603 (Passed it down to family member, I actually hated this device)

Current devices:

Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900I