Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,337 Members 38,521 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S5 G900F Screen Grainy

Tip us?
 
qais232
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Muscat
Phone Galaxy S5 G900F Screen Grainy

Hello everyone,

i have a Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F and somehow the screen looks kinda grainy especially with bright colors such as white and its not that crystal clear as note 3 S Amoled
so my S5 has a defective screen or all are the same ?
Thanks.
 
fffft
Old
#2  
fffft's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 420
Posts: 1,568
Join Date: Jul 2013
The S5 display doesn't look at all "grainy" to me. But then we can't see what you are looking at and discern if you have a faulty display or simply subjectively don't like some aspect of the S5 display or perhaps something else entirely.

You should have provided a screen shot or at least an in depth description. Assuming that the issue isn't dramatic it would be best to a comparative screenshot from a N3 and S5.

.
 
qais232
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Muscat
Here is some pictures of my S5 to be precise
i didn't had note 3 to compare with it so i compared it with an iPhone 5




 
gee2012
Old
#4  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,060
Posts: 8,369
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Heerlen
Quote:
Originally Posted by qais232 View Post
Here is some pictures of my S5 to be precise
i didn't had note 3 to compare with it so i compared it with an iPhone 5




Which pic is supposed to be grainy lol Looks fine to me tbh.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
 
russ18uk
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 65
Posts: 394
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Which pic is supposed to be grainy lol Looks fine to me tbh.
Hard to see in the pictures as you get your desktop/laptop's screen/pixel pitch show up which can exacerbate what you see.

But if you can see the screen being grainy, I'd verify you have a 100% original S5. Grab Phone Info off the Play Store and post the info from it here.
 
gee2012
Old
#6  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,060
Posts: 8,369
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Heerlen
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ18uk View Post
Hard to see in the pictures as you get your desktop/laptop's screen/pixel pitch show up which can exacerbate what you see.

But if you can see the screen being grainy, I'd verify you have a 100% original S5. Grab Phone Info off the Play Store and post the info from it here.
I have a genuine Galaxy S5 (from my provider). My screens not grainy at all, an from the looks of it neither is yours imo.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
 
qais232
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Muscat
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Which pic is supposed to be grainy lol Looks fine to me tbh.
The third and fourth pic, if u take a look at the green bar and the grey bar there its lil bit grainy than the iPhone 5
just want to make sure if its normal :\
 
russ18uk
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 65
Posts: 394
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
I have a genuine Galaxy S5 (from my provider). My screens not grainy at all, an from the looks of it neither is yours imo.
Not mine LOL. And, I can see some graining in those pictures posted, but they could be caused by the camera or the screen I'm using.
 
gee2012
Old
#9  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,060
Posts: 8,369
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Heerlen
Quote:
Originally Posted by qais232 View Post
The third and fourth pic, if u take a look at the green bar and the grey bar there its lil bit grainy than the iPhone 5
just want to make sure if its normal :\
Realy, if you blow up pics like this you will always so a bit of grain. Enjoy your phone and don`t be a nitpicker
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
 
Hellscythe
Old
#10  
Hellscythe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 462
Posts: 1,766
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: straya kienttt
It might be because of the AMOLED display? AMOLED displays tend to be a bit more grainy compared to LCD displays so that's what you might be noticing. But honestly for me my S5 screen looks just as sharp as my Xperia Z's if I don't hold it 2cm away from my face :S

Edit: I need to learn to read lol. Don't worry about what I said, I realised you had a Note 3 too
Previous devices:

HTC Incredible S S710e (Eventually stopped turning on)

Nexus 7 2012 (Half the screen stopped responding to touch after leaving it for 2 months, also has weird marks on bezel, no idea from where)

Sony Xperia Z C6603 (Passed it down to family member, I actually hated this device)

Current devices:

Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900I

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes