[Q] Galaxy S5 Locked Vodafone WiFi settings

OP mattmills8133

26th August 2014, 02:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi all,

I bought an S5 that had been locked to Vodafone. I have had it unlocked and flashed it with the UK generic software to remove all of the Voda bloatware. This is all fine but unfortunately it still has the Vodafone WiFi settings in it meaning every time I am on the underground it tries to connect to the WiFi under Vodafone, when I have looked there is no option to forget (remove) the Vodafone settings. I flashed the phone using Odin and followed the guide and used the firmware supplied by Sammobile.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt
26th August 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #2  
Flag Brighton
Thanks Meter: 79

1,385 posts
More
Hi. I have an unlocked Vodafone one I picked up today. Can I ask what CSC you flashed in Odin and died it trip Knox?
26th August 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 544

1,855 posts
Flashing firmware doesn't routinely remove userdata settings. Do a factory data reset from the settings menu and that should resolve your issue. Be sure to backup any files that are important to you first though.

In the alternative, you might be able to reset just the wifi settings by going to the Application mamager in the settings menu and see if you can identify which is the wifi app. If you can, then clear cache and data from the tab for the wifi app.

26th August 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #4  
Flag Brighton
Thanks Meter: 79

1,385 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmills8133

Hi all,

I bought an S5 that had been locked to Vodafone. I have had it unlocked and flashed it with the UK generic software to remove all of the Voda bloatware. This is all fine but unfortunately it still has the Vodafone WiFi settings in it meaning every time I am on the underground it tries to connect to the WiFi under Vodafone, when I have looked there is no option to forget (remove) the Vodafone settings. I flashed the phone using Odin and followed the guide and used the firmware supplied by Sammobile.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

Flashed mine with BTU tonight. It didn't stick properly the first time and using an app called Phone Info, it said the active CSC was VOD/BTU. I need to factory reset and reflash a few times before it fully applied the new CSC.

Maybe yours is VOD/BTU?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Galaxy S 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank