Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,274 Members 38,957 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google Camera Photosphere`s blurry

Tip us?

nils16
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Google Camera Photosphere`s blurry

Hello

I love the Photosphere function of the Google Camera.
Iit seems the camera have trouble to focus.
Every seconds "point" I capture is blurry. I think its something with the focus.

Its very frustrating.
You can see some blurry spots:
https://www.google.com/maps/views/vi...30837277139778

Anyone have a Idea how to fix it?
Is it maybe a Kernel Problem?
Once it was working properly...

Thank you

Brava27
Old
Thanks Meter 115
I have the same problem. Weird.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Telus Galaxy S5
HTC M8, LG G2, Note 3, Note 2, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, Blackberry Torch 9810, Blackberry Bold 9700, Blackberry Tour 9630, iDEN Motorola i800, i790, etc, Motorola Pebble, Nokia 6000, Motorola StarTak
Telus
Toronto, Canada

nils16
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brava27 View Post
I have the same problem. Weird.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Now I Installed Android 4.4.4 CM11 (UB),
And Photosphere works very fast and great again. But the CM version is not very stable.

Greets Nils

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 405
Works fine on my phone. It would have helped if you posted some sample photos here so that we could see what you are referring to i.e. full resolution pngs here or at least a direct link to a photo rather than a page on some third party hosting site. The EXIF information would also have been invaluable.

The two most likely causes would be movement or show shutter speeds. Have you tried a tripod in a well lit room? Did that make any difference? When you did a forum search, did you find anyone else reporting problems (and what keywords did you search on)? More information and in particular sample photos would garner more useful replies.

nils16
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft View Post
Works fine on my phone. It would have helped if you posted some sample photos here so that we could see what you are referring to i.e. full resolution pngs here or at least a direct link to a photo rather than a page on some third party hosting site. The EXIF information would also have been invaluable.

The two most likely causes would be movement or show shutter speeds. Have you tried a tripod in a well lit room? Did that make any difference? When you did a forum search, did you find anyone else reporting problems (and what keywords did you search on)? More information and in particular sample photos would garner more useful replies.

Hello

I have been using Photospheres for two years.
Now with CM11 its working as it should again.

It seems like the Stock Firmware was causing this problem on my S5.
Now it captures very fast and sharp.

Before it was impossible to make a photosphere. Almost every snapshot was out of focus and I had to recapture maaaany times.

nils16
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Now the Photosphere is working fast and without focus problems.

https://www.google.com/maps/views/vi...44742624950402
I`m happy with this results.

But the Google Camera App crashes often now. Sometimes while rendering the Photosphere the camera crashes and I loose my Panorama.

Hope with further CM11 updates the camera will works stable.

droid8622
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have the same problem, but it is difficult for me to switch to CM, is it possible may be to use CM camera driver with stock firmware?