Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 38,736 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Heating SM-900F

Tip us?
 
FlatOutRU
Old
#1  
FlatOutRU's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 306
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Moscow
Default Heating SM-900F

What's the normal temperature for this phone with browsing Internet and app (social) through wifi? It goes above 50degrees with such task...
Phone : Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-900F
ROM: CM11
 
fffft
Old
#2  
fffft's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 414
Posts: 1,559
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatOutRU View Post
What's the normal temperature for this phone with browsing Internet and app (social) through wifi? It goes above 50degrees with such task...

That's normal and not of much concern. You can search existing threads (or my post history) for a more in depth discussion.

.
 
FlatOutRU
Old
(Last edited by FlatOutRU; 7th August 2014 at 01:26 PM.)
#3  
FlatOutRU's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 306
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Moscow
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft View Post
That's normal and not of much concern. You can search existing threads (or my post history) for a more in depth discussion.

.
How to find out which apps using mediaserver? need really help to find out what makes the phone heats, etc + i`ve seen that battery also heats a lot
Phone : Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-900F
ROM: CM11
 
gee2012
Old
(Last edited by gee2012; 7th August 2014 at 03:30 PM.)
#4  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,051
Posts: 8,348
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Heerlen
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatOutRU View Post
How to find out which apps using mediaserver? need really help to find out what makes the phone heats, etc + i`ve seen that battery also heats a lot
Usualy its the mediascanner continously scanning for new files, you can install a task manager, diasble mediascanner and scan manualy.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
razno
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 29
Join Date: May 2012
In this summer temperature around 30 degree my s5 don't become warm using fb, chrome.... Previous s4 was uncomfortable to hold after 10 min of using fb or chrome. Is that individualy different from phone to phone, or s5 is very cool one?
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes