Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,576 Members 43,759 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP! Constant Message for Weather App Stopped

Tip us?

jminor4326
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] HELP! Constant Message for Weather App Stopped

I am getting a constant barrage that tells me "Unfortunately, Weather has stopped". I assume it's the app on my home screen that was installed automatically. This message will not stop and repeats so quickly I am unable to do anything, literally. I have to pull the battery and reboot. Please help.

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 405
Usually a corrupt cache. The following procedure will resolve most xxxx app has stopped error messages.

If you are using a weather widget on your homescreen, drag it to the trashcan. Then go into the settings menu > applications > all > application manager > weather and click force stop, then clear cache, then clear data.

Then boot to recovery mode (pull battery, replace it, then press and hold in order the volume up key, then the home key, then the power key). Once the screen turns on, release the keys and from recovery mode, wipe the partition cache (or wipe cache + Dalvik if you have a custom recovery).

That should clear up corrupt or messed up weather settings. You will have to drag your weather widget to your homescreen again to replace it.

The Following User Says Thank You to fffft For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jminor4326
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft View Post
Usually a corrupt cache. The following procedure will resolve most xxxx app has stopped error messages.

If you are using a weather widget on your homescreen, drag it to the trashcan. Then go into the settings menu > applications > all > application manager > weather and click force stop, then clear cache, then clear data.

Then boot to recovery mode (pull battery, replace it, then press and hold in order the volume up key, then the home key, then the power key). Once the screen turns on, release the keys and from recovery mode, wipe the partition cache (or wipe cache + Dalvik if you have a custom recovery).

That should clear up corrupt or messed up weather settings. You will have to drag your weather widget to your homescreen again to replace it.

Thank you so much for answering. The sign happens so quickly and so frequently it's extremely challenging, but I was able to delete it from my home screen. The app manager only lists downloaded apps and I think the one causing the problems is part of the standard package as I don't see it there.

jminor4326
Old
(Last edited by jminor4326; 17th August 2014 at 09:03 PM.) Reason: add more info
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I did find running apps. I did not see any weather apps. Things started happening so quickly that there is no time to do anything.

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by jminor4326 View Post
The app manager only lists downloaded apps

Not true. If you choose the "all" column instead of the "downloaded" column, you would see all of the apps.
settings menu > applications > application manager > all > weather

And no, you will not get special attention by PMing me. Further requests for tech support by PM will be ignored. Everyone benefits when questions are posed and answered in the forum. If you are impatient, consider doing a search of the forum as this question, like most, has been asked and answered many times before. So hard as it is to click on search, there is a wealth of helpful information in existing threads.