No registration required

Samsung galaxy S5- How to enable ussd codes

OP CodyLarry

18th August 2014, 02:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Sm-g900f in Oklahoma with At&t as carrier

Would like to change my data from H to 4G or LTE. Seems I need my USSD codes running to change the band.

Also have been experiencing issues with my keyboard not responding correctly
and games crashing.

Aux port pauses when I turn my music up loud as well.

So how would I go about fixing these issues and making my S5vnore suitable for the US?

Thank you in advance

-CodyLarry
Last edited by CodyLarry; 18th August 2014 at 02:20 AM. Reason: misspelling
18th August 2014, 08:01 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 622

1,978 posts
Dialer codes aka USSD, secret, factory or service mode codes are embedded into the Samsung i.e. Touchwiz firmware. The codes that are possible vary from one firmware release to another.

It's highly unlikely that your dialer codes are disabled on a 900F model like Verizon does for some of their handsets. You can confirm this on a rooted phone by looking for the following setting in build.prop

Code:
sys.hiddenmenu.enable=1

There are innumerable threads listing the dialer codes and you can find out which ones work on your phone by trying them. Be warned that a few codes perform functions such as factory resets, so it would be prudent to know what the code ostensibly does before employing it.

You can also look at my post here which explains that more codes are accessible if entered on the CLI than through the dialer. e.g.

Code:
su 
am broadcast -a android.provider.Telephony.SECRET_CODE -d android_secret_code://27663368378

rather than *#27663368378#

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread