use s5 only as a camera?

17th August 2014, 01:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

37 posts
So I have a bazaar question. I'm going out in the desert for week and want to use my s5 as a camera only. Is there a way to disable EVERYTHING so just the camera works to conserve battery? I know I can do airplane mode and such, but I'm sure there's still things going on in the background that will drain the battery.

Thanks in advance!
17th August 2014, 02:00 AM   |  #2  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 217

401 posts
More
disable them
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy693

So I have a bazaar question. I'm going out in the desert for week and want to use my s5 as a camera only. Is there a way to disable EVERYTHING so just the camera works to conserve battery? I know I can do airplane mode and such, but I'm sure there's still things going on in the background that will drain the battery.

Thanks in advance!

In setting
go to each app you don't want and disable it
the disable option is beside force close. for 4.0+
The Following User Says Thank You to @SidDev For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th August 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #3  
T0r0nt0!
Thanks Meter: 37

252 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy693

Thanks in advance!

Last time I been to a bazaar I bought some smoked ham and sausages.
I think you meant "bizarre"

On another note I like that you are going to a desert. It would have been awfully strange if you were to take pictures of dessert using only your S5 for a week.
17th August 2014, 04:35 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediumsteak

Last time I been to a bazaar I bought some smoked ham and sausages.
I think you meant "bizarre"

On another note I like that you are going to a desert. It would have been awfully strange if you were to take pictures of dessert using only your S5 for a week.

Thank you, that was so very helpful in letting me know that my text to speech software sucks and that I should freeze it.

As to the other post. Yeah I went in and did that. I just didn't know if there was a batch way to disable all the safe things to disable then unfreeze them again when I'm back in civilization and will need them again.
17th August 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #5  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 11

181 posts
Sounds like a pain in the butt to disable then re-enable everything, there's an option in developer options that don't keep any background activities active, might help.
18th August 2014, 04:54 AM   |  #6  
Flag Vernon
Thanks Meter: 367

1,711 posts
More
Just take your Sim card out and throw airplane mode on.
18th August 2014, 05:33 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 9

28 posts
More
Just buy the camera for the desert and there will be no unnecessary processes

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Galaxy S 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank