Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,739 Members 43,293 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

use s5 only as a camera?

Tip us?

johnboy693
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default use s5 only as a camera?

So I have a bazaar question. I'm going out in the desert for week and want to use my s5 as a camera only. Is there a way to disable EVERYTHING so just the camera works to conserve battery? I know I can do airplane mode and such, but I'm sure there's still things going on in the background that will drain the battery.

Thanks in advance!

@SidDev
Old
Thanks Meter 188
Default disable them

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy693 View Post
So I have a bazaar question. I'm going out in the desert for week and want to use my s5 as a camera only. Is there a way to disable EVERYTHING so just the camera works to conserve battery? I know I can do airplane mode and such, but I'm sure there's still things going on in the background that will drain the battery.

Thanks in advance!
In setting
go to each app you don't want and disable it
the disable option is beside force close. for 4.0+
happy to help you .
The Following User Says Thank You to @SidDev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mediumsteak
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy693 View Post

Thanks in advance!

Last time I been to a bazaar I bought some smoked ham and sausages.
I think you meant "bizarre"

On another note I like that you are going to a desert. It would have been awfully strange if you were to take pictures of dessert using only your S5 for a week.

johnboy693
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediumsteak View Post
Last time I been to a bazaar I bought some smoked ham and sausages.
I think you meant "bizarre"

On another note I like that you are going to a desert. It would have been awfully strange if you were to take pictures of dessert using only your S5 for a week.
Thank you, that was so very helpful in letting me know that my text to speech software sucks and that I should freeze it.

As to the other post. Yeah I went in and did that. I just didn't know if there was a batch way to disable all the safe things to disable then unfreeze them again when I'm back in civilization and will need them again.

jzmtl
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Sounds like a pain in the butt to disable then re-enable everything, there's an option in developer options that don't keep any background activities active, might help.

thatsupnow
Old
Thanks Meter 361
Just take your Sim card out and throw airplane mode on.
Samsung Galaxy s5 - CM 11 5ubz3r0 theme
KT kernel 2.7 GHZ

Other phones:

Samsung Galaxy S4 I337M
Samsung Galaxy S3 I747M
Sony Play, Arc, X10

AEkiz
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Just buy the camera for the desert and there will be no unnecessary processes