Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Help - display resolution messed up!

OP sunnysran

29th August 2014, 09:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

11 posts
I rooted my SM-G900H using Chainfire's method. The rooting went without any issues. After rooting I installed the Xposed framework and after installing Xposed framework i realised that the S Health application was not working anymore. I read some troubleshooting tips on Xda forums and they pointed towards editing the build.prop (not sure if I remember the name correctly) file. Upon rebooting after editing this file I found that the display resolution is completely messed up, the icons and the fonts have become very small. A reboot/ cache wipe via (stock) recovery/ factory data reset did not fix the problem. Any help will be highly appreciated. A screenshot is attached to this post.

p.s.: I remember converting the S Health app to a user app and wiping its cached data during my efforts to get it working, as suggested in the troubleshooting tips, but sadly this also failed. I also uninstalled the app once and reinstalled it from the samsung app store. Still it did not work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (240.3 KB, 48 views)
29th August 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,276

8,885 posts
More
Change DPI in build. prop to: ro.sf. lcd_density=480
30th August 2014, 05:47 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

11 posts
Thumbs up Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Change DPI in build. prop to: ro.sf. lcd_density=480

that fixed my problem!
thanks a ton!

as a side note, I never changed the value you told me to correct.. what beats me how did it get changed on it's own?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread