5,814,720 Members 52,268 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help - display resolution messed up!

Tip us?

sunnysran
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Arrow [Q] Help - display resolution messed up!

I rooted my SM-G900H using Chainfire's method. The rooting went without any issues. After rooting I installed the Xposed framework and after installing Xposed framework i realised that the S Health application was not working anymore. I read some troubleshooting tips on Xda forums and they pointed towards editing the build.prop (not sure if I remember the name correctly) file. Upon rebooting after editing this file I found that the display resolution is completely messed up, the icons and the fonts have become very small. A reboot/ cache wipe via (stock) recovery/ factory data reset did not fix the problem. Any help will be highly appreciated. A screenshot is attached to this post.

p.s.: I remember converting the S Health app to a user app and wiping its cached data during my efforts to get it working, as suggested in the troubleshooting tips, but sadly this also failed. I also uninstalled the app once and reinstalled it from the samsung app store. Still it did not work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (240.3 KB, 48 views)

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,068
Change DPI in build. prop to: ro.sf. lcd_density=480
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

sunnysran
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Change DPI in build. prop to: ro.sf. lcd_density=480
that fixed my problem!
thanks a ton!

as a side note, I never changed the value you told me to correct.. what beats me how did it get changed on it's own?