No registration required

[Q] I need help i want to Set Monitor mode on Galaxy S5

OP RobinHood31m

24th July 2014, 01:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello guys!

I have a Problem. I want to Set my Galaxy S5 in Monitor Mode With Reaver and bcmon. Or give it other ways to Check my wlan with aircrack - ng or something???

THANKS!!!
25th July 2014, 11:21 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 614

1,978 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinHood31m

I want to Set my Galaxy S5 in Monitor Mode With Reaver and bcmon.

The S5 is a new model and more to the point uses a newer and unsupported Broadcom chipset. If you read the reaver, bcmon, et cetera threads you would know that they don't work on the S5.

Until someone figures out how to interface with the newer chipset, it's simply not going to work on the S5.

The Following User Says Thank You to fffft For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th July 2014, 12:31 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Plug
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft

The S5 is a new model and more to the point uses a newer and unsupported Broadcom chipset. If you read the reaver, bcmon, et cetera threads you would know that they don't work on the S5.

Until someone figures out how to interface with the newer chipset, it's simply not going to work on the S5.

Do u Think that it gives newer apps that how Works on galaxy s5 ...Backtrack or Kali Linux with the right Kernel? ?? Thx
25th July 2014, 12:41 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 614

1,978 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinHood31m

Do u Think that it gives newer apps that how Works on galaxy s5 ...Backtrack or Kali Linux with the right Kernel? ?? Thx

You need the wifi chipset to operate in promiscious mode to monitor. Where else would you get the packet envelopes? It's difficult to imagine how any app would do so without the Broadcom chip set to Promiscious mode.

25th July 2014, 12:53 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Plug
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft

You need the wifi chipset to operate in promiscious mode to monitor. Where else would you get the packet envelopes? It's difficult to imagine how any app would do so without the Broadcom chip set to Promiscious mode.

The Galaxy s5 has a 5G Wifi this is a combo Chip 2x2Mimo Broadcom 4354chip.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread