Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 52,011 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Over the Horizon Song Playing

Tip us?

hshah
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 222
Default Over the Horizon Song Playing

Since yesterday, putting my phone into charge triggers the "over the horizon" (Samsung tune) to play in the background. Multiple restarts later it stops, but the question is what is causing it?

I even tried deleting the file for it, but it still plays, and the only way to stop it is put the phone into silent mode.

nbeebe24
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 907

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hshah View Post
Since yesterday, putting my phone into charge triggers the "over the horizon" (Samsung tune) to play in the background. Multiple restarts later it stops, but the question is what is causing it?

I even tried deleting the file for it, but it still plays, and the only way to stop it is put the phone into silent mode.
Okay, a couple questions:

Is your phone rooted? If yes, have you messed with any of the sounds in the system? I was able to duplicate your problem by navigating to the /system/media/ui folder and copying one of the ringtones into the folder and naming it to 'Charger_Connection.ogg'. It sounds to me like that file somehow got changed to another one in your phone. I can help you as soon as I find out more about your situation.

hshah
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbeebe24 View Post
Okay, a couple questions:

Is your phone rooted? If yes, have you messed with any of the sounds in the system? I was able to duplicate your problem by navigating to the /system/media/ui folder and copying one of the ringtones into the folder and naming it to 'Charger_Connection.ogg'. It sounds to me like that file somehow got changed to another one in your phone. I can help you as soon as I find out more about your situation.
I am rooted and I have deleted some sounds from the UI folder. In order to try and fix the issue I deleted the file you mentioned but that didn't solve it. Can you upload the file I need to put into that folder please?

nbeebe24
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 907

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I am rooted and I have deleted some sounds from the UI folder. In order to try and fix the issue I deleted the file you mentioned but that didn't solve it. Can you upload the file I need to put into that folder please?
Here is the file: https://www.mediafire.com/?r94g12mly53rflk. Place in the /system/media/audio/ui directory then reboot and you should be good

hshah
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Here is the file: https://www.mediafire.com/?r94g12mly53rflk. Place in the /system/media/audio/ui directory then reboot and you should be good
It is still doing it

nbeebe24
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 907

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
It is still doing it
Are you on a stock ROM

zorrigas
Old
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
Flash a new fresh Rom and NO DELETE samsung sounds lol

hshah
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Are you on a stock ROM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorrigas View Post
Flash a new fresh Rom and NO DELETE samsung sounds lol
I am using a custom ROM (X-Note) and have had this version flashed for quite a few weeks. I delete Samsung sounds when I flash a new ROM, so nothing had changed on the Wednesday this started.

nfribeiro
Old
Thanks Meter 306

DONATE TO ME
Do you have GRAVITYBOX installed?

It is a bug and you should uptade this module to the last version to fix it.
Please click the "THANKS" buttom if I helped you...but if I helped a lot, at least you could buy me a beer!!! Click the "DONATE" button

Sign up for COPY for 15Gb of free lifetime space! Use this LINK and get an extra 5GB bonus! Thats 20Gb for you!

Also join DROPBOX. Follow this LINK and DROPBOX will give us both 500Mb of bonus space. Total 2.5Gb for you!

hshah
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfribeiro View Post
Do you have GRAVITYBOX installed?

It is a bug and you should uptade this module to the last version to fix it.
I do and am running the latest stable version (3.3.2)