Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How make S5 NOT show my number on calls......

OP dkperez

31st August 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Can`t you just call Verizon and ask them how to turn off caller-id or look on their website for support?

Believe it or not, this feature doesn't exist on the phone with Verizon.... It's in the network. There was a pointer elsewhere to going into "My Verizon" to set it....

EXCEPT, it doesn't exist anywhere in the "Change Features". You actually have to CALL Verizon, wade through all the crap, get someone on the phone, and have THEM turn it on... And then, there's no "display" "hide" or such. Just a line in the "Change Features" that says "Caller ID Block".......

SO, in THEORY, it's resolved. We'll find out Tuesday. What a massive pain in the ass it is to get something that SHOULD be this trivial done.
31st August 2014, 04:43 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 82

347 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkperez

Believe it or not, this feature doesn't exist on the phone with Verizon.... It's in the network. There was a pointer elsewhere to going into "My Verizon" to set it....

EXCEPT, it doesn't exist anywhere in the "Change Features". You actually have to CALL Verizon, wade through all the crap, get someone on the phone, and have THEM turn it on... And then, there's no "display" "hide" or such. Just a line in the "Change Features" that says "Caller ID Block".......

SO, in THEORY, it's resolved. We'll find out Tuesday. What a massive pain in the ass it is to get something that SHOULD be this trivial done.

My carrier is Ting and it is also in a seperate app (the Ting app via Play Store)

Ting also uses all Sprint devices and towers, so my phone is the SM-G900P (Sprint model) and uses all Sprint firmware.

Once I tried to block it, I believe it auto-updated the Profile to send it to their network.

Yes, huge PITA for a feature - but I believe they do this so people dont accidently enable blocking their Caller ID and waste their carriers time having to call Customer Service and ask why. There's prolly less people who want this feature than who do, so thats why they remove certain features...

Same as the Xposed mod to record calls - Samsung programmed it in, but due to legality issues - they cant make it easily enabled.
31st August 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 622

1,978 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkperez

I have no idea what "firmware" it has.

Your original post didn't tell us that you had a Verizon phone, let alone what firmware version you have. And for that matter, Verizon does hve multiple variants. If you read a handful of posts in the forum or did a Google search, you'd quickly find out how to identify the version. You comment about a white background with the implication that I asked or commented on it, which I didn't. I don't see how that is pertinent.

If you provide germane information, you'll get better answers. Otherwise people will make guesses and you may or may not find a useful conclusion. Good luck.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread