[Q] How to disable downloaded update?

26th August 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 710

3,549 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz

Hopefully not, rooting and having a tinker is what makes android great, I dread to think how I would feel if I was forced into the world of Apple, think I might end up with windows mobile yea I don't want to think like that, long live rooting I say.

I've heard bad things about Verizon doing things to their phones, do you not have a third party retailer in the states? I know that in the UK most people, especially people who want to modify their handsets, will buy from Carphone warehouse or even phones 4 u. You basically end up with the international unlocked version of the handset, as it was intended. I made the mistake of getting my Z1 from EE, turned out that the bootloader couldn't be unlocked no matter what I did, so I bricked it and sent it off for repair through Carphone, got a fully unlocked brand new handset back in five days.

There are several carriers, verizon and AT&T being the worst. Sadly verizon will never again have a nexus device available which is completely stupid on there part because they are losing a lot of customers.

From my Wicked S3 running MIUI
26th August 2014, 02:29 PM   |  #12  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 758

3,676 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapesBlue

There are several carriers, verizon and AT&T being the worst. Sadly verizon will never again have a nexus device available which is completely stupid on there part because they are losing a lot of customers.

Any chance of buying an international version of a phone that you might like.
The Following User Says Thank You to dladz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #13  

3,549 posts
More
Quote:

Any chance of buying an international version of a phone that you might like.

Won't work on the Verizon network though

The Following User Says Thank You to ShapesBlue For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 12:13 AM   |  #14  
Flag Liverpool

3,676 posts
Donate to Me
More
what so when i'm going to the states, in around two weeks i can't get a verizon sim? What will work? I ain't using mine lol.
27th August 2014, 12:31 AM   |  #15  

3,549 posts
More
Quote:

what so when i'm going to the states, in around two weeks i can't get a verizon sim? What will work? I ain't using mine lol.

Don't even bother with Verizon anything, avoid big red at all costs

27th August 2014, 01:49 AM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

171 posts
Quote:

dude everytime i come into a thread to help someone you're here telling people to search, just answer or ignore it, I admire your determination but it's annoying to see, 5,776,168 members ? Just change your sig to say use search first, there are plenty of them if you search for them

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Chances are you won't be able to run it anyway, as you're rooted, just either remove it in titanium, or freeze it, or rename the update apk by putting a .bak on the end of the file name and the odex file too.

Thanks for direct answer! I support your point of view on the topic! Why bother if one so upset. Either answer or ignore. Threads will be way shorter and meaningful.
The Following User Says Thank You to CNemo7539 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 01:50 AM   |  #17  
Flag Liverpool

3,676 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNemo7539

Thanks for direct answer! I support your point of view on the topic! Why bother if one so upset. Either answer or ignore. Threads will be way shorter and meaningful.

True And I have no idea And you're welcome, I wasn't 100% on the Verizon thing, I only knew what I'd tried myself, I was rooted and updates didn't work for me, maybe a mistake to assume it'd be the same for you, perhaps if it's going to be a huge difference there should be different sections ?

I dunno?
Last edited by dladz; 27th August 2014 at 01:53 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread