5,814,720 Members 52,268 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to remove towelroot without supersu?

Tip us?

umrafael
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Arrow [Q] How to remove towelroot without supersu?

How do I safely remove towelroot? I installed and ran it but never checked supersu or anyhing. I just wanted to check if my device was compatible. International S5 here with May kernel.

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by umrafael View Post
How do I safely remove towelroot? I installed and ran it but never checked supersu or anyhing. I just wanted to check if my device was compatible. International S5 here with May kernel.
Just unroot from within the TR app and factory reset. If system status is still custom reflash the stock rom with Odin and factory reset afterwards.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

umrafael
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Just unroot from within the TR app and factory reset. If system status is still custom reflash the stock rom with Odin and factory reset afterwards.
I uninstalled TR. "SYSTEM STATUS: Custom". Did flash stock rom from within Odin once and SYSTEM STATUS is fixed without a factory reset. I was sticking to april kernel but had to update to may one because MXPlayer H/W+ mode would be broken otherwise. And... H/W+ mode broken = no smooth 1080p anime for my phone...

Thanks for the reply.