Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,540 Members 38,373 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Instagram causes overheating on my S5

Tip us?

Phalcore
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Instagram causes overheating on my S5

Instagram causes overheating on my Galaxy. When its i stalled and work in backround my CPU load is high and battery drain + overheating. Why? Is my phone corrupted?

Nokia 5630 XpressMusic > Samsung GT-S8500 Wave > Samsung Galaxy SII

fffft
Old
Thanks Meter 408
What is the evidence that your phone is overheating? Your screen shot shows a temperature of 50C and an apparent peak of 70C. If you had looked at existing posts on this subject, you'd know that these temperatures are well within the normal operating range..

You need to spell out your assumptions and provide a lot more information. Do you think 50C is overheating? What temperatures do you see when transcoding a movie, gaming or some other processor intensive activity? Are you using a bunker type (very thick) case? How long does Instagram keep the processor busy after you stop using it?

Do you have any reason or evidence of corruption? Did you experience any system error messages and if so what were they, verbatim? On the basis of the limited details you posted nothing is wrong, your phone didn't overheat and you have no reason to be concerned.

Phalcore
Old
(Last edited by Phalcore; 31st August 2014 at 01:40 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
This app shows 72.50C not 50. You didnt't read properly. Its hard to touch my Galaxy with that temp. When i kill Instagram working in background with Clean Master it stops overheat. No case used.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phalcore For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hellscythe
Old
Thanks Meter 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft View Post
What is the evidence that your phone is overheating? Your screen shot shows a temperature of 50C and an apparent peak of 70C. If you had looked at existing posts on this subject, you'd know that these temperatures are well within the normal operating range..

You need to spell out your assumptions and provide a lot more information. Do you think 50C is overheating? What temperatures do you see when transcoding a movie, gaming or some other processor intensive activity? Are you using a bunker type (very thick) case? How long does Instagram keep the processor busy after you stop using it?

Do you have any reason or evidence of corruption? Did you experience any system error messages and if so what were they, verbatim? On the basis of the limited details you posted nothing is wrong, your phone didn't overheat and you have no reason to be concerned.

It says 72.50 rofl
Previous devices:

HTC Incredible S S710e (Eventually stopped turning on)

Nexus 7 2012 (Half the screen stopped responding to touch after leaving it for 2 months, also has weird marks on bezel, no idea from where)

Sony Xperia Z C6603 (Passed it down to family member, I actually hated this device)

Current devices:

Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900I

Phalcore
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Haha. When i first openned this app had the same problem. Stupid but yes it's 72,50. Anyway another screen. Its something wrong with Instagram app or my phone? Now device is cooler but as you can see it's about Instagram app.

labeeqhussain
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Instagram works fine on my phone, why don't you try reinstalling the app? Sounds stupid but it might fix the problem, you never know
If I've helped you in any way, then please hit that thanks button!

iPhone 5 64GB
Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F
iPhone 3GS 16GB
Samsung Galaxy Note N7000

fffft
Old
(Last edited by fffft; 31st August 2014 at 08:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalcore
This app shows 72.50C not 50. You didnt't read properly.
The app does not show 72.50C. It actually shows "72." and on a separate line, "50C". Making it ambiguous at best what the 72 represents. It's certainly not clear that the two lines are meant to be combined.

Regardless, you're missing the essential point again. 72.50C is also well within the normal operating range. All that temperature tells you is that your processor is under heavy load at the moment. You still haven't provided any information about how often this happens, how long it stays at the level or much of anything else.

72C is not some untenable temperature just because some third party app (that you didn't even mention in your original post) issues a caution. And that is all that is. A caution that your temperature is on the high end of normal at the moment.