Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,279 Members 52,402 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can I install SM-G900F firmware on SM-G900H

Tip us?

adrovek
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Can I install SM-G900F firmware on SM-G900H

I've bought Samsung Galaxy S5 in US and now when I'm home (I'm from Italy), I figured out it's missing some features. Is it possible to install SM-G900F (european firmware) on my phone?

Thanks!

Paolonicus
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrovek View Post
I've bought Samsung Galaxy S5 in US and now when I'm home (I'm from Italy), I figured out it's missing some features. Is it possible to install SM-G900F (european firmware) on my phone?

Thanks!
If you are going to do that, you'll definitely going to hard-brick your device, and that my friend is nearly impossible to fix even with the most experienced technician and proper equipment that you have. G900F & G900H differs on hardware. Different versions, even those that are hardware identical carries the risk of hard-bricking it if you flash a firmware not intended for your version, what more if the 2 versions in questions are vastly different.

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrovek View Post

Thanks!
No ,as said above its not possible due to different cpu and gpu.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue