[Q] Live Demo Phone SM-G900F NOT X - Get back to being a phone - HELP

8th July 2014, 03:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I have a Samsung galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) and when I start it up its in Live Demo unit, When I checked the about section it clearly states thatís it a SM-G900F not X, So Iím under the assumption that it would just need a stock rom installed, I have tried doing this by downloading the firmware and using Odin to install and it keeps coming up with Auth Errors, and stops, I can take the battery out and re insert it and its normal again, I randomly tried a lebara sim card in the device today and its obviously reading the simcard as it asked me to select from Vodafone, Asda, Sainsbury and BTMobile either pay monthly or pay as you go, but I havenít managed to get any service from the phone, I also managed to upload a file ďTWRP RecoveryĒ through Odin.

Iím pretty new at this I learnt all the above this morning from reading threads off this website and now Iím stuck at a dead end in terms of what I would need to do to get this phone operating properly, I donít know anything apart from what I read above and know nothing about things like Kernels, etc.

It would be great if I could get some help and find out IF and how I can get this handset operating normally.

I don't have any issue's at using the phone as a tablet, it works fine with no demo's or anything.

Many thanks in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread