FORUMS

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Logo WaterMark on my Galaxy S5 . How to get rid off?

20th August 2014, 09:31 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hello Friends, I got this Samsung Galaxy S5, its from T-Mobile, and reported as Lost... Seems like the phone was taken from the exhibition part on a Store....

What happen is that there is like a Logo WaterMark on the screen, very very soft, hard to see, but its there saying: rhapsody UNradio

I want to know how to get rid off that please!!...
I did a hard reset, installed a stock rom, and still there!

Thanks in advanced!
 
 
20th August 2014, 09:43 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
That sounds like screen burn in to me...
20th August 2014, 09:44 PM |#3  
waz000000's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag leicester
Thanks Meter: 63
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmythebest

Hello Friends, I got this Samsung Galaxy S5, its from T-Mobile, and reported as Lost... Seems like the phone was taken from the exhibition part on a Store....

What happen is that there is like a Logo WaterMark on the screen, very very soft, hard to see, but its there saying: rhapsody UNradio

I want to know how to get rid off that please!!...
I did a hard reset, installed a stock rom, and still there!

Thanks in advanced!

Im confused you say the phone was reported as lost, by who? are you actually the "legal" owner of this phone?
20th August 2014, 09:47 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
^ My guess is that he bought a lost/stolen T-Mobile display model hence the screen burn in and logo.
20th August 2014, 09:47 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by waz000000

Im confused you say the phone was reported as lost, by who? are you actually the "legal" owner of this phone?

I bought it from a guy, so, I didnt buy it on a store. So, when I check IMEI it says "stolen". You know...

The point is the Logo watermark on the screen. If I put it on download mode there is no watermark, so, I dont know if I need to delete something from the system..
20th August 2014, 09:51 PM |#6  
waz000000's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag leicester
Thanks Meter: 63
 
Donate to Me
More
this probably isn't the best place to ask for advice regarding a fenced handset.
20th August 2014, 09:56 PM |#7  
Jonny's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Cheshire
Thanks Meter: 8,664
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmythebest

I bought it from a guy, so, I didnt buy it on a store. So, when I check IMEI it says "stolen". You know...

The point is the Logo watermark on the screen. If I put it on download mode there is no watermark, so, I dont know if I need to delete something from the system..

Hand it in to your local police. You wont get any help for lost/stolen tech on here - or any help for any illegal activity for that matter.

Thread closed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jonny For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes