Thumbs up First time charging?

OP burning_afd

7th August 2014, 07:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

28 posts
hi
I just bought my phone and i was wondering how to charge the phone for the first time. I've talked to a few cell phone techs and they all said different stuff. For example one guy said "let it go down to 0 then charge it overnight and never go down to 0 or overcharge again". So what is the correct way?
The manual is a crap doesnt say about anything.
8th August 2014, 05:46 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 10

41 posts
Let it run down flat. Charge till full.Remove from charger....repeat 3 times....I read this on another forum and it worked well, as I get 2 days of battery on mild to heavy use after doing is...Something to do with the calibration of the software/hardware...
8th August 2014, 09:49 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 555

1,893 posts
Your phone uses a lithium ion battery. Which should not be deep cycled or worse run to exhaustion. Ideally you'd want to charge it to ~ 85% and then shallow cycle it thereafter.

There is some debate about "battery calibration". Meaning that some people believe that the best way to calibrate the battery meter is to run the battery to 0% once. There isn't a concensus about whether this calibration works, but if you elect to do so, it is a strain on your battery. I wouldn't do it more than once if you can help it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread