Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

MTP driver not installing...

OP ZishanMohiuddin

21st July 2014, 02:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Hi there,

I recently was going to install a new rom on my phone... I ended up doing a system restore on settings... And now the phone will not update the MTP driver, I tried it on another computer nothing so far. It also wiped my back up file in recovery!

I also tried going into the registry do to the "UPPERFILTERS" fix but it did not work for me!

Any suggestions on how I can somehow fix this!


Thanks.
21st July 2014, 03:55 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZishanMohiuddin

Hi there,

I recently was going to install a new rom on my phone... I ended up doing a system restore on settings... And now the phone will not update the MTP driver, I tried it on another computer nothing so far. It also wiped my back up file in recovery!

I also tried going into the registry do to the "UPPERFILTERS" fix but it did not work for me!

Any suggestions on how I can somehow fix this!


Thanks.

anyone?
21st July 2014, 04:45 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
reflash with odin does it reset philzrecovery?
I am about to reset my phone with odin as I cant connect the USB, the recovery will still be there after?
21st July 2014, 05:06 AM   |  #4  
fffft's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 621
 
1,978 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZishanMohiuddin

the phone will not update the MTP driver


The phone won't update the MTP driver? You must mean PC. I can only assume that you are allergic to Google searches as good solutions are easily found.

Google search: reinstall MTP driver

Try disabling WMP temporarily as it often interferes. And if necessary you can remove the previous driver install in the registry. There are often two entries, one under HKLM and another under HKCU.

.




Quote:
Originally Posted by ZishanMohiuddin

I am about to reset my phone with odin as I cant connect the USB, the recovery will still be there after?


That depends on what you do with Odin. If you flash a full firmware, only your user files in the /data partition will persist. Your recovery would be wiped.

And a factory reset would delete user files.

.
Last edited by fffft; 21st July 2014 at 06:17 AM.
21st July 2014, 05:18 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
[QUOTE=fffft;54291350]The phone won't update the MTP driver? You must mean PC. I can only assume that you are allergic to Google searches as good solutions are easily found.

[url="http://goo.gl/cBxm1Z]Google search: reinstall MTP driver[/url]

Try disabling WMP temporarily as it often interferes. And if necessary you can remove the previous driver install in the registry. There are often two entries, one under HKLM and another under HKCU.

.[COLOR="Silver"]

The link you provided didn't work. Could you provide me with a step by step guide. I tried two steps using the registry and watched various videos it didn't help. I am very new to this lol.

how do you remove previous driver driver?

if does not work, I got firmware files from sammobile to unbrick. Would my own back up from Philz be able to be used by odin?
21st July 2014, 06:48 AM   |  #6  
fffft's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 621
 
1,978 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZishanMohiuddin

The link you provided didn't work.


The link worked in the post preview, but XDA likes to automerge posts and apparently that broke the hyperlink as well. I've fixed the link. But all you would have had to do was copy and paste the link.

That concerns me because if you don't notice /can't correct a minor formatting error in a link then your phone is at substantial risk. What I mean is that Odin is dangerous if you don't pay close attention to details. Be careful.

It's not hard to reinstall a driver. Just uninstall the old driver and realize that WMP can interfere with the reinstallation. If only a step by step guide will do, you will find lots of spoonfed guides in the Google search results.

I don't use Philz, I find TWRP to be much better. But I doubt that you could use Odin to restore a Philz backup. You'd need to reinstall Philz. Then restore your backup from recovery mode.

.
21st July 2014, 07:07 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Decided to re-flash stock rom using odin with recovery file from sam-mobile website and up and running again. Thanks for help anyways!
22nd July 2014, 09:02 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
.[COLOR="Silver"]

The link you provided didn't work. Could you provide me with a step by step guide. I tried two steps using the registry and watched various videos it didn't help. I am very new to this lol.

how do you remove previous driver driver?

if does not work, I got firmware files from sammobile to unbrick. Would my own back up from Philz be able to be used by odin?[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by fffft

The link worked in the post preview, but XDA likes to automerge posts and apparently that broke the hyperlink as well. I've fixed the link. But all you would have had to do was copy and paste the link.

That concerns me because if you don't notice /can't correct a minor formatting error in a link then your phone is at substantial risk. What I mean is that Odin is dangerous if you don't pay close attention to details. Be careful.

It's not hard to reinstall a driver. Just uninstall the old driver and realize that WMP can interfere with the reinstallation. If only a step by step guide will do, you will find lots of spoonfed guides in the Google search results.

I don't use Philz, I find TWRP to be much better. But I doubt that you could use Odin to restore a Philz backup. You'd need to reinstall Philz. Then restore your backup from recovery mode.

.

I did check out your hyperlink lol I just googled searched it. I thought you sent a link not a google search. I went into three different step by step guides regarding the issue, it was just one of those days where basics things just didn't work out lol.

I got fed up so I did I ended up doing a full recovery I just wanted to avoid that process since I know there was a simpler method.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes