Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,969 Members 38,054 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Turning off annoying Smart Remote notifications?

Tip us?

StAlfonzo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Turning off annoying Smart Remote notifications?

I have set up Smart Remote so I can control my TV, etc in my living room. Now that it's set up, the damn thing will not stop giving me "watch now" recommendations in my notification bar. Granted, it's only once a week, but the S5 seems to LOVE giving you annoyingly stupid notifications all the damn time. Does anyone know how to disable these intrusive (it's enormous, with a picture of the show it's recommending) notifications?

sharingan
Old
Thanks Meter 607

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAlfonzo View Post
I have set up Smart Remote so I can control my TV, etc in my living room. Now that it's set up, the damn thing will not stop giving me "watch now" recommendations in my notification bar. Granted, it's only once a week, but the S5 seems to LOVE giving you annoyingly stupid notifications all the damn time. Does anyone know how to disable these intrusive (it's enormous, with a picture of the show it's recommending) notifications?
look for notification settings in smart remote app or disable notifications in application manager for smart remote

and yeah samsung gives crappy notifications regarding this and also about galaxy wating to access our facebook account

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU

bob_ross
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharingan View Post
look for notification settings in smart remote app or disable notifications in application manager for smart remote

and yeah samsung gives crappy notifications regarding this and also about galaxy wating to access our facebook account
I'm in the same boat as the OP. There does not seem to be a disable notifications option.

iresq
Old
Thanks Meter 2
+1 app manager, disable.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

StAlfonzo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharingan View Post

Oh right, I am so used to apps providing their own "turn off notifications" setting that I completely forgot about Application Manager also having that option. Thanks, I turned off notifications for Smart Remote. Now let's see if that works, or if Samsung's penchant for annoying me wins out in the end.

I had to freeze the security update notification in Titanium Backup to stop that thing from telling me to sign up for security updates every couple of days. I just wish there was a "Do Not Disturb" option where I could turn off all notifications except for the ones I want, rather than having to hunt down and disable every annoying pop up.
The Following User Says Thank You to StAlfonzo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sharingan
Old
Thanks Meter 607

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAlfonzo View Post
Oh right, I am so used to apps providing their own "turn off notifications" setting that I completely forgot about Application Manager also having that option. Thanks, I turned off notifications for Smart Remote. Now let's see if that works, or if Samsung's penchant for annoying me wins out in the end.

I had to freeze the security update notification in Titanium Backup to stop that thing from telling me to sign up for security updates every couple of days. I just wish there was a "Do Not Disturb" option where I could turn off all notifications except for the ones I want, rather than having to hunt down and disable every annoying pop up.
glad i helped bro

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU