Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Turning off annoying Smart Remote notifications?

OP StAlfonzo

12th August 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

43 posts
I have set up Smart Remote so I can control my TV, etc in my living room. Now that it's set up, the damn thing will not stop giving me "watch now" recommendations in my notification bar. Granted, it's only once a week, but the S5 seems to LOVE giving you annoyingly stupid notifications all the damn time. Does anyone know how to disable these intrusive (it's enormous, with a picture of the show it's recommending) notifications?
12th August 2014, 07:12 AM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAlfonzo

I have set up Smart Remote so I can control my TV, etc in my living room. Now that it's set up, the damn thing will not stop giving me "watch now" recommendations in my notification bar. Granted, it's only once a week, but the S5 seems to LOVE giving you annoyingly stupid notifications all the damn time. Does anyone know how to disable these intrusive (it's enormous, with a picture of the show it's recommending) notifications?

look for notification settings in smart remote app or disable notifications in application manager for smart remote

and yeah samsung gives crappy notifications regarding this and also about galaxy wating to access our facebook account
The Following User Says Thank You to sharingan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th August 2014, 07:41 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 12

108 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharingan

look for notification settings in smart remote app or disable notifications in application manager for smart remote

and yeah samsung gives crappy notifications regarding this and also about galaxy wating to access our facebook account

I'm in the same boat as the OP. There does not seem to be a disable notifications option.
12th August 2014, 12:37 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

46 posts
+1 app manager, disable.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
12th August 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharingan

Oh right, I am so used to apps providing their own "turn off notifications" setting that I completely forgot about Application Manager also having that option. Thanks, I turned off notifications for Smart Remote. Now let's see if that works, or if Samsung's penchant for annoying me wins out in the end.

I had to freeze the security update notification in Titanium Backup to stop that thing from telling me to sign up for security updates every couple of days. I just wish there was a "Do Not Disturb" option where I could turn off all notifications except for the ones I want, rather than having to hunt down and disable every annoying pop up.
The Following User Says Thank You to StAlfonzo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th August 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAlfonzo

Oh right, I am so used to apps providing their own "turn off notifications" setting that I completely forgot about Application Manager also having that option. Thanks, I turned off notifications for Smart Remote. Now let's see if that works, or if Samsung's penchant for annoying me wins out in the end.

I had to freeze the security update notification in Titanium Backup to stop that thing from telling me to sign up for security updates every couple of days. I just wish there was a "Do Not Disturb" option where I could turn off all notifications except for the ones I want, rather than having to hunt down and disable every annoying pop up.

glad i helped bro
7th November 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #7  
Auckland
Thanks Meter: 8

90 posts
More
Well its been a while since this was discussed and since I've been on the forum - nice to be back actually.

I am also getting most annoying popups in my drop down bar for "remote control for TV app"

Because I don't have the app install I'm not sure how to disable this notification/popup.

Any other ideas?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread