Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

Please help asap

2nd July 2014, 12:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51

249 posts
HI, really sorry if this is a noob question but would someone be able to answer this asap. I live in the UK and purchased an S5 off ebay it stated it was the SM-G900F (UK varient I believe) but upon delivery I checked and its the SM-G900S which is the Korean vairent.
So I put my sim in and it displays that im roaming which is obviously wrong. Can I just flash a UK rom and will everything work like uk varient or is the radio bands or anything else different. Please answer asap as I will need to contact ebay.

Also is this 4G version and will it work in UK?
2nd July 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,102

8,461 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrd

HI, really sorry if this is a noob question but would someone be able to answer this asap. I live in the UK and purchased an S5 off ebay it stated it was the SM-G900F (UK varient I believe) but upon delivery I checked and its the SM-G900S which is the Korean vairent.
So I put my sim in and it displays that im roaming which is obviously wrong. Can I just flash a UK rom and will everything work like uk varient or is the radio bands or anything else different. Please answer asap as I will need to contact ebay.

Also is this 4G version and will it work in UK?

Here are the specs http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&i...amsung_pacific and here http://www.droidgod.com/2014/05/sams...ions-features/. It looks quite similar for the G900F but check if the supportd LTE bands are compatible.
Last edited by gee2012; 2nd July 2014 at 12:54 PM.
2nd July 2014, 12:54 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

249 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

Here are the specs http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&i...amsung_pacific and here http://www.droidgod.com/2014/05/sams...ions-features/. It looks quite similar for the G900F but check if the LTE bands are compatible.

Thank you for your reply. so is it just a casf flashing the UK vairent (F) will the model change in settings?
2nd July 2014, 12:56 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen

8,461 posts
More
Quote:

Thank you for your reply. so is it just a casf flashing the UK vairent (F) will the model change in settings?

No, LTE bands are defined in the radio chip. You cannot change these bands by flash a different rom or modem.
2nd July 2014, 12:58 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

249 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

No, LTE bands are defined in the radio chip. You cannot change these bands by flash a different rom or modem.

apoligies I should of been more clear my fault if the bands match can i just flash the uk version via odin or will it not work?
2nd July 2014, 01:01 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen

8,461 posts
More
Quote:

apoligies I should of been more clear my fault if the bands match can i just flash the uk version via odin or will it not work?

Yes, as the cpu/gpu, screen and reoslution are similar i guess you could do that. Don`t know the supported LTE bands of the 900S though. Maybe its best to file a complaint to Ebay about the seller misleading you as you probably will not have warranty either.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread